UConn NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/18/19-12/20/19 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/18/19-12/20/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am very impressed that, even with the horrid on field performance, Edsall is able to get quality commits from TX, GA, FL, SC and other football hotbeds. These kids have lots of options, one being to not sign the LOI and wait to see what may develop through January. Edsall and staff have certainly sold their plan and had a decent crop of buyers. This class more than any in the last 5 or so years has me genuinely excited. I see more college ready players that fit the mold of what Edsall produced in his 1st tenure. Time will tell

Reaction Score
I am very impressed that, even with the horrid on field performance, Edsall is able to get quality commits from TX, GA, FL, SC and other football hotbeds. These kids have lots of options, one being to not sign the LOI and wait to see what may develop through January. Edsall and staff have certainly sold their plan and had a decent crop of buyers. This class more than any in the last 5 or so years has me genuinely excited. I see more college ready players that fit the mold of what Edsall produced in his 1st tenure. Time will tell
Without a conference also

Reaction Score
We are a major State University. With a solid degree and full academic spectrum.

Randy knows how to connect with the kids that fit. Far beyond Old Dominion or App State or USF or FAU or Temple. He’s done this. We absolutely need results. But this is a good class .

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Without a conference also
I'd be interested to know if that was a positive for any commits. As we all have observed the schedule looks better than had we stayed in the American. Is it possible with the move to independence that we're more appealing than we were before? Not saying we are, just wondering.

Reaction Score
Wow. Unfortunately, that speaks volumes, that has to change.
That is nonsense. If that is the only complaint you got none. This is a small state with a modest football tradition. We have maybe in a good year there are 12 serious D1 guys. It would be nice to land one but certainly not essential.

Reaction Score
It is glaring that Connecticut kids by far favor any school but UConn, the flagship university for this state. But.... in their defense they listen to how awful the football program is day in and day out. Much more than any out of state student. So the solution to that is recruit who you can, coach them up, win more games than you lose and then Connecticut kids will start to consider UConn again. Winning solves all problems. It solves the recruiting, the empty seats, donors, TV revenue. Win and they will come. Win and the $$$ will come.

Reaction Score
That is nonsense. If that is the only complaint you got none. This is a small state with a modest football tradition. We have maybe in a good year there are 12 serious D1 guys. It would be nice to land one but certainly not essential.

Why is this nonsense? Edsal himself said that he tried to recruit the state. It's not a complaint, but it bothers me that with all of the kids that play in the state, we couldn't even get a preferred walk on. Not one guy that wanted to be here. Of course it's not essential.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why is this nonsense? Edsal himself said that he tried to recruit the state. It's not a complaint, but it bothers me that with all of the kids that play in the state, we couldn't even get a preferred walk on. Not one guy that wanted to be here. Of course it's not essential. Your angle is off
We typically don’t recruit and fill walk ons until Feb and then again over the summer. Most WO kids want to run through the process while they debate a taking a WO opportunity vs an FCS offer.

Reaction Score
The class looks good and let's hope most have been underrated because we have 1 three star and UMass has 5 while other schools from weak conferences are rated higher.

Reaction Score
Why is this nonsense? Edsal himself said that he tried to recruit the state. It's not a complaint, but it bothers me that with all of the kids that play in the state, we couldn't even get a preferred walk on. Not one guy that wanted to be here. Of course it's not essential.
Preferred walk ons would be the last resort. This was the early signing period which ends on the 20th. I believe February 5th is the national signing day. That is when we may see some CT athletes join the program I think. And they're still looking for 5 scholarship spots. OL, RB, LB and two DB's

Reaction Score
We typically don’t recruit and fill walk ons until Feb and then again over the summer. Most WO kids want to run through the process while they debate a taking a WO opportunity vs an FCS offer.

That's good to know, but my main point was that Edsal recruited CT kids, that he could'nt get at least one CT native to commit. When Edsall said that he wants kids that want to be here, I agree with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom