UCONN Needs to stay in the Big East! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN Needs to stay in the Big East!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The original poster's mindset is the basketball first mindset that's been coming out of Providence for years and will ultimately sink the Big East as we know it.

Funny how Calhoun can see this but some of our fans are still stuck in 1994.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The original poster's mindset is the basketball first mindset that's been coming out of Providence for years and will ultimately sink the Big East as we know it.

Funny how Calhoun can see this but some of our fans are still stuck in 1994.

come on, what choice does Calhoun have at this point?

do you really think it's really about "the basketball first mindset coming out of Providence"?

being part of the best basketball conference in the country, the media coverage it generates and the money it brings to the table is not a problem.

not being part of a stronger football conference, expansion, the BCS system and the money it brings is the problem.

so while we may reach the same conclusion, I think the premise of your argument is incorrect

Reaction Score
come on, what choice does Calhoun have at this point?

do you really think it's really about "the basketball first mindset coming out of Providence"?

being part of the best basketball conference in the country, the media coverage it generates and the money it brings to the table is not a problem.

not being part of a stronger football conference, expansion, the BCS system and the money it brings is the problem.

so while we may reach the same conclusion, I think the premise of your argument is incorrect

Even if I give Marinatto the benefit of the doubt and he treats the interests of the full members and basketball onlies the same......it's a disaster that wasn't long for this world.

You simply cannot represent the interests of schools with completely different athletic missions effectively. It's not possible.

I want into a BCS conference where all members are full members. The best bet right now is the ACC. This stupidity (sorry to be blunt) that calls for us to remain in the Big East out of loyalty will destroy UConn athletics. We've been loyal enough to the league and helped the Big East to become what it has. But we no longer have a choice. Our hand has been forced, and now is the time we need to be looking out for US. Thankfully, Calhoun and Herbst see this my way.

Reaction Score
I really hate to have to even write this... but UCONN must stay in the Big East. A move to the ACC is not in our best interest. First off when the three Big East teams left for the ACC UCONN was one of the key universities that pushed to prevent the move, threatened and even filed lawsuits against BC, VTech, and Maimi. Our Attorney General filed a lawsuit (Dickie B).... which I do not think went anywhere... (Can anyone tell me what happened with Dickie's lawsuit?). If we switch over.... what would that say about us? Especially after we fought to prevent it. The BIG EAST is our home... we should be loyal... with the departure of Pitt and Cuse we only need 1 team to be back up to 16 with the addition of TCU. There has to be a good one out there... Indiana, Ohio State, somewhere in Penn?

It says that we evolve. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman