UConn needs new media deal | The Boneyard

UConn needs new media deal

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Whatever media arrangement UConn football has, it needs to change. No content in terms of media availability, no pre-game or post-game pressers anywhere to be found on Youtube is certainly not good for recruiting or branding.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Whatever media arrangement UConn football has, it needs to change. No content in terms of media availability, no pre-game or post-game pressers anywhere to be found on Youtube is certainly not good for recruiting or branding.

I like that ESPN does a post and pregame but would love a pre and post game on SNY or a local channel

Reaction Score

You are delusional if you think there are thousands of UConn fans dying for more media coverage then we get. We are horrific and unwatchable and are lucky enough to have a contract with CBSSN.

And you think a kid isn't going to come here because our games which are available nationally don't come with a pregame show that no one would watch anyway? Good grief.

Last edited:

SwingDog

Reaction Score
You are delusional if you think there are thousands of UConn fans dying for more media coveragen then we get. We are horrific and unwatchable and are lucky enough to have a contract with CBSSN.

And you think a kid isn't going to come here because our games which are available nationally don't come with a pregame show that no one would watch anyway? Good grief.
Not delusional. Zero presence on the number one video sharing platform isn't good. If you're looking to increase visibility for the purposes of recruiting and building a fan base it has to happen. You're delusional if you think in 2021 you can do without it.

Reaction Score
Regardless UConn should produce a coach's show. Getting sponsors would not be difficult and it could run on UConn's youtube channel and UConn all access. Eventually someone would would pick it up or take over outright. The key is getting a show up and running.

SwingDog

Reaction Score
Spanos has been doing them on the Varsity Network App on Monday nights @ 6p.
"Varsity Network App"? That's fine, but it's just not good enough. Need to be on Youtube.

Reaction Score
SNY may not have a national footprint but they provide excellent basketball coverage, doing a wonderful job on pre and post game coverage.

Reaction Score
"Varsity Network App"? That's fine, but it's just not good enough. Need to be on Youtube.
Is it any different really? You have to go to either place to find it, it’s not like it’s on cable and you see it in a guide.

Reaction Score
There are “coaches shows” -dull, predictable and boring—and there are “Coaches Shows”—insightful, instructive, interesting and entertaining. Mora would have a Coaches Show, He’s got a media presence, an entertaining style, and with a competent producer, professional host, and interesting segments, it could become must see TV (or wherever the platform is) for an audience of hopeful Husky fans ready to engage

Reaction Score
There used to be a coach's show, call ins after a game to TIC' presser coverage etc. Hopefully they will restart with Mora.
Coaches show on tonight at 6 with Coach Spanos from 6 to 6:30 and Coach Mora from 6:30 to 7. Download the varsity network app to listen..

Reaction Score
SNY may not have a national footprint but they provide excellent basketball coverage, doing a wonderful job on pre and post game coverage.
I use to get SNY on direct TV
In AZ as it was included in a cheap sports package $5,00 a month.
If there was significant UConn content I would add it again.
Now I understand I get FS1 and FS2 on direct TV . I didn’t realized all I needed for FS2 was the App.
I upgraded my WI-FI to a gig with fiber optics specifically to stream games.
Because it looked like a lot of ESPN+ at the time.

Reaction Score
You are delusional if you think there are thousands of UConn fans dying for more media coverage then we get. We are horrific and unwatchable and are lucky enough to have a contract with CBSSN.

This. I love our current media deal.

The CBSSports deal for football is mana from heaven!

This season we have only had like one game that was on streaming and that was UMass.

The rest have all been on CBS Sports or something else good because we scheduled so well. I hope we can keep that deal for a long time.

We need to stay off NESN, SNY or FloSports.

If recruits actually care it’s easier for them to see us on CBS than buried in a regional or streaming. Plus with that relationship we can get Coach on Tiki’s show, or Boomer or Jim Rome.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is it any different really? You have to go to either place to find it, it’s not like it’s on cable and you see it in a guide.
It is different in that I have never heard of the Varsity Network App and make no plans to download it. I know YouTube pretty thoroughly and it's available on all devices preinstalled.

There's definitely a difference

Reaction Score
It is different in that I have never heard of the Varsity Network App and make no plans to download it.
Learfield/IMG

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This. I love our current media deal.

The CBSSports deal for football is mana from heaven!

This season we have only had like one game that was on streaming and that was UMass.

The rest have all been on CBS Sports or something else good because we scheduled so well. I hope we can keep that deal for a long time.

We need to stay off NESN, SNY or FloSports.

If recruits actually care it’s easier for them to see us on CBS than buried in a regional or streaming. Plus with that relationship we can get Coach on Tiki’s show, or Boomer or Jim Rome.
NESN or SNY are light years than from flosports. SNY in particular is readily available in our primary recruiting areas.

Reaction Score

Open invite for anyone to come on the Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast... I like to think the show with DJ has been successful this year

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
National>Regional

How can you not see that?
Top rate regional broadcast available through the fox sports app nationwide >>>>>> online only sports app for low majors to mid majors with notoriously bad quality broadcasts and sketchy billing practices.

How can you not see that? Have stock in flosports or something?

Reaction Score
Top rate regional broadcast available through the fox sports app nationwide >>>>>> online only sports app for low majors to mid majors with notoriously bad quality broadcasts and sketchy billing practices.

How can you not see that? Have stock in flosports or something?

Flo sports is worse than SNY or NESN.

CBS Sports is better than all of them. Capiche?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom