UConn needs new media deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn needs new media deal

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Flo sports is worse than SNY or NESN.

CBS Sports is better than all of them. Capiche?
Capisco, but your initial post was like I’d rather have a Porsche than a Ford or a Chevy or a Yugo. It’s a true enough statement but lumping the Ford in the Chevy with the Yugo seems kind of silly.

CL82

Reaction Score
This thread makes a good point but has the wrong title. We don't need a new media deal (as in, TV deal), we need a new online video strategy.
The problem is that most of our most valuable content is spoken for.

Reaction Score
It is different in that I have never heard of the Varsity Network App and make no plans to download it. I know YouTube pretty thoroughly and it's available on all devices preinstalled.

There's definitely a difference
Well you now do know of it, and it’s free to download but choose not to. For someone who is concerned about access but not willing to download something for free for said access you clearly don’t care about hearing it as much as your complaint warrants.

Reaction Score
Capisco, but your initial post was like I’d rather have a Porsche than a Ford or a Chevy or a Yugo. It’s a true enough statement but lumping the Ford in the Chevy with the Yugo seems kind of silly.

No l said start my off SNY, NESN, FLO.

CBS is a great deal. It’s much higher quality than ESPN or the ACCN. Playing P5 is a good backstop for away games.

CL82

Reaction Score
No l said start my off SNY, NESN, FLO.

CBS is a great deal. It’s much higher quality than ESPN or the ACCN. Playing P5 is a good backstop for away games.
Flosports would be the Yugo in that analogy

Reaction Score
Does Flosports create content (or, more specifically, do they produce live basketball broadcasts)? I was under the impression that they are more of a content package provider like Hulu, YouTubeTV, Fubo, etc.

If my impression is correct, Flosports should not be mentioned with SNY and NESN not because it is inferior, but because it is an orange their apples.

Reaction Score
DD85C0D5-5924-4E94-B666-C74DF78F5937.jpeg
We also need a social media team to pay attention to the details. Perception is everything and posting a photo of our new Football HC with a UConn Basketball banner clearly visible in the background is just amateur hour. We are already the butt of all jokes, let’s not continue the narrative.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We have an incredible media deal for football considering our situation. And I think this hire excited the CBSSN folks a bit.

Reaction Score
View attachment 71061 We also need a social media team to pay attention to the details. Perception is everything and posting a photo of our new Football HC with a UConn Basketball banner clearly visible in the background is just amateur hour. We are already the butt of all jokes, let’s not continue the narrative.
I agree. Details matter. Perception matters. The game day experience at the Rent matters. Even with all of his more pressing and immediate concerns I hope Mora can also provide some guidance in tweaking those traditions. Because if Mora's hiring portends a new era of UConn football success, let it also be reflected in the facility where we play. And don't get me wrong, nothing matters more than winning! It's the indispensably quintessential tweak needed in our program! Because week after week, at games end, having to watch every visiting team joyously running over to celebrate with their fan base in the corner of the stadium has been a freaking drag.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Take another look at the picture.

I'll wager heavily that it was taken this past Sunday at the XL center where Geno's presser was prepared to be held. They most likely decided to do an impromptu photo shoot and asked someone to bring a football and helmet.

Reaction Score
Take another look at the picture.

I'll wager heavily that it was taken this past Sunday at the XL center where Geno's presser was prepared to be held. They most likely decided to do an impromptu photo shoot and asked someone to bring a football and helmet.
That is likely what happened, but most of the country will not have that context. All they see is Uconn basketball and Coach Mora. We can do better. If we want to play with the big boys, let's act like it.

Reaction Score
That is likely what happened, but most of the country will not have that context. All they see is Uconn basketball and Coach Mora. We can do better. If we want to play with the big boys, let's act like it.
It would have been exceedingly easy to photoshop that out, too.

Reaction Score
It looks like it was on campus and just a “behind the scenes” look @ a photo shoot for a new Coach (4 pics here):

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom