UConn needs Bigs | The Boneyard

UConn needs Bigs

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There is no question UConn needs bigs. Looking at the former bigs and the way the UConn staff has developed them.. well there really is no comparison with how UConn bigs have been developed and other bigs on other teams have been developed. Lets take a look at how UConn has developed their bigs. This is not a knock on any coaches or teams and there are exceptions however what UConn has accomplished in the development of their bigs is far beyond what most other teams have accomplished.

Tina Charles Steph Dolsen Kiah Stokes Rebecca Lobo Kara Lawson Breanna Stewart Kelly Schumacker to name a few. Look back at their freshman year and then look at their junior and senior years and then on to their professional years. Look at what theyve accomplished?

As we know that didnt happen however look at Tina. She came to UConn and I remember her missing alot of foul shots. I remember her growing pains as Geno and his staff developed her. Same with Steph Kiah Lobo Walters Stewie and Kelly. How did UConn work out for them??

You see to be great at anything you need to have the right coaching. Your gonna have to make a total commitment. Your gonna pay a huge price to be successful, and your gonna pay it in advance and there are no guarantees. However at UConn the rewards are greater then any other program in WCBB.

You cant wish your way to the top it takes work commitment and the right coaching. Practicing the same things over and over again without the right coaching does you no good. You have to be willing to change because where you are right now isnt gonna get you where you wanna be. This is why UConn is where they are in WCBB. This is why there is Greatness at UConn. If you wanna become something special in your life, if you want to accomplish things that you think are impossible or tuff then you need to come to UConn. UConn Womens Basketball is where women are Champions.

Reaction Score
No doubt that next years class will be vital in locking down a 4, & a couple more guards AT LEAST.

Fudd or bust at this point.

Unfortunately, next years team with Crystal as senior & an AA candidate will be a rebuilding one, unless we pull off a transfer of a Jess Shepard or Anriel Howard ability & ONO has a great off-season of development.

Reaction Score
Just love it when you've got your recruiting cap on:D!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I read the topic sentence

and expected a piece about how the heck we would survive next year with a lack of size....to say nothing of losing the lion's share of our scoring....

Oh well...

Reaction Score
No doubt that next years class will be vital in locking down a 4, & a couple more guards AT LEAST.

Fudd or bust at this point.

Unfortunately, next years team with Crystal as senior & an AA candidate will be a rebuilding one, unless we pull off a transfer of a Jess Shepard or Anriel Howard ability & ONO has a great off-season of development.
Yes, probably a rebuilding year with run ending in Sweet 16 unless ONO beefs up and we get a defender.

Reaction Score
@Tony
There is no question UConn needs bigs. Looking at the former bigs and the way the UConn staff has developed them.. well there really is no comparison with how UConn bigs have been developed and other bigs on other teams have been developed. Lets take a look at how UConn has developed their bigs. This is not a knock on any coaches or teams and there are exceptions however what UConn has accomplished in the development of their bigs is far beyond what most other teams have accomplished.

Tina Charles Steph Dolsen Kiah Stokes Rebecca Lobo Kara Lawson Breanna Stewart Kelly Schumacker to name a few. Look back at their freshman year and then look at their junior and senior years and then on to their professional years. Look at what theyve accomplished?

As we know that didnt happen however look at Tina. She came to UConn and I remember her missing alot of foul shots. I remember her growing pains as Geno and his staff developed her. Same with Steph Kiah Lobo Walters Stewie and Kelly. How did UConn work out for them??

You see to be great at anything you need to have the right coaching. Your gonna have to make a total commitment. Your gonna pay a huge price to be successful, and your gonna pay it in advance and there are no guarantees. However at UConn the rewards are greater then any other program in WCBB.

You cant wish your way to the top it takes work commitment and the right coaching. Practicing the same things over and over again without the right coaching does you no good. You have to be willing to change because where you are right now isnt gonna get you where you wanna be. This is why UConn is where they are in WCBB. This is why there is Greatness at UConn. If you wanna become something special in your life, if you want to accomplish things that you think are impossible or tuff then you need to come to UConn. UConn Womens Basketball is where women are Champions.
@Tonyc---I agree with all--I too loved and Love Lawson--she loved Pat Summit.
The player that represent the coaching at UConn (Bigs) (CD) is Jess Moore. She came as tall, nothing more. She was not a true disaster--but close. A redshirt year of teaching from CD (the best BG trainer in the world) she was good. By her senior year there were few (if any) better. She became a very good post. Personally, I didn't like her attitude--but I accepted that because she became that good.
ONO is far, far, beyond Jess Moore as a frosh. Her talent is light years away as a player--as post, not so far. All Big Girls have common issues because they got here just using their size---now they have to defend and play--really play. The size helps in defense and obviously posting up but strength too is needed. CD will give you, next fall, an ONO you'll wonder how that kind of talent was pulled from this freshman. CD is that good. ONO, this year, if only giving UC 20 minutes per game of good defense and some (not a lot) of offense--could be the difference between an Elite 8 or the NC.. COULD BE..

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
1550293552879.png

Reaction Score
I like Kara. She’ll be coaching soon. Broadcast booth to the sidelines is pretty commonplace these days.
Do you guys even know that she is the regular color analyst of the Washington Wizards. Somewhat ground breaking stuff there. Just a thought- could she be a men’s head coach?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I like Kara. She’ll be coaching soon. Broadcast booth to the sidelines is pretty commonplace these days.
Do you guys even know that she is the regular color analyst of the Washington Wizards. Somewhat ground breaking stuff there. Just a thought- could she be a men’s head coach?
I heard she is not interested in coaching.

Reaction Score
With the graduation of Brown & McCowan, I'm less concerned with pure size. Look no further than our orange buddies to see a team that has (at times) played well despite not much of a front line and not very good coaching.

Some quality forward recruits are a must though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom