Men - UConn NCAA Baseball Selection Show (5/31 @ Noon) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn NCAA Baseball Selection Show (5/31 @ Noon)

Reaction Score
Michigan was one of the last 4 in the tournament. With an 88 RPI. Not a cakewalk, but this is a winnable regional for the Huskies.

Plus the Big10 played no games OOC.
ODU didn’t bid for a regional. So they picked SC knowing it’s decently close and the place will be packed. Just a different year because of COVID with the limit of 20 preapproved sites. They haven’t had a 1 seed traveling since FSU came to us in 2010.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame lost two of three to FSU ( @ South Bend) this season....

My impression...The Irish will have real problems with the number one UConn pitcher...the problem always is...which team can can have their better pitchers to throw in game two.

To gamble or not..hold back on Michigan...or throw your best pitcher.

Reaction Score
How did Bama get in over Pitt? I prefer the panthers to remain irrelevant so we can continue to take the Fedko’s of the world from that state, but they got screwed.

The reason given by selection chair is that Pitt was 3 and 7 over last 10 games. Alabama beat South Carolina and Tennessee in the SEC tournament before losing to Florida and Tennessee.

Reaction Score
The reason given by selection chair is that Pitt was 3 and 7 over last 10 games. Alabama beat South Carolina and Tennessee in the SEC tournament before losing to Florida and Tennessee.
Honestly, to be the real shocker was Georgia with an RPI in the 30's getting left out when they went to Vandy and won 2 out of 3 and also won a game at Florida and at Ole Miss. I would think they would've got in over LSU. I think announcing the retirement of the LSU coach at the time they announced it was purely strategical and it worked. Michigan in with an RPI of 88 is crazy, but since we play them, we'll take it. Now just beat them.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
How did Bama get in over Pitt? I prefer the panthers to remain irrelevant so we can continue to take the Fedko’s of the world from that state, but they got screwed.
Committee chairman said Alabama was rewarded because of a #2 strength of schedule. It's one thing to play top teams, it's another to beat those top teams. Just an excuse to get another SEC team in.

Reaction Score

My impression...The Irish will have real problems with the number one UConn pitcher...the problem always is...which team can can have their better pitchers to throw in game two.

The only ACC series ND lost all season.

(10-1-1)

ND only played 4 OOC games.

One was against Central Michigan. ND won that one, 8-4.

It should be a fun regional.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen this question. Best seeding ever or was Springers team seeded higher

Reaction Score

UConn — The Huskies are headed to their third consecutive NCAA tournament after defeating Xavier in the Big East championship. But this was the first time UConn won both the regular season and tournament conference titles. While UConn has some players with pop, keep your eyes on Kyler Fedko, who hit .411 with 13 doubles, 13 home runs and an impressive 1.192 OPS.

Central Michigan — The Chippewas enter the tournament with a lot of momentum, winners of their last eight games including the season-ending sweep of Toledo to lock up the Mid-American. That is their second MAC title in a row, heading to the tournament in 2019 as well. The last time Central Michigan went to the tournament in back-to-back years was 1994-95. It's been a long time coming.

Michigan — It's been a while, so here's a reminder that the Wolverines are the defending runners-up after their thrilling run to the finals in 2019. That was a veteran team, and a mere two years later, most of those faces are gone. That magical team helped Michigan return to the College World Series for the first time since 1984. The Wolverines are hoping to make back-to-back trips to Omaha, just like those 1983-84 teams did.

Notre Dame* — The surprise season keeps going for the Fighting Irish, who are hosting a regional tournament for the first time since 2004 as the No. 10 national seed. This is quite a turnaround for a team that finished 24-30 in their last full season. It is the 22nd appearance all-time for Notre Dame as they look to get back to Omaha for the first time since 2002. That same year, Notre Dame was a host school.

Reaction Score
As my name implies, I root for 2 team:

UConn: Lived in Ct for 20+ years, married to a Husky. LOVE their draw. I think they have a very good chance to advance to the SR.

Nebraska: Lived there for the last 22 years. Vomited when I saw their draw. The NCAA took the 18/19/20 ranked team, that won the Big 10 regular season and finished the season by taking 2 from Michigan while going 11-2 over their last 13 games, and seeded them 32nd, sending them to play Arkansas. WTF? I see 3 possible reasons: 1) they looked geographically, For integrity purposes, I hope it was this, 2) The wanted to bitch slap the Big 10 for treating baseball as the red headed step child. and especially their worthless Commissioner, Kevin Warren for essentially making every wrong decision in from of him since the day he took over, or 3) They joined the Big 10 in punishing Nebraska (as the Big 10 has been doing) for pushing for football when Warren and the Big 10 wanted to hide under their beds last year. I'm hoping that the Huskers, in the words of former UConn great Khalid El-Amin "Shock the World!" and I get to see both the Husky's and Huskers here in Omaha in a few weeks.

Reaction Score

I guess I haven't paid attention but did we stop wearing the red lid? Back in 2011 we added the alternates with the two white front panels for a few years.

1622645052811.png

Reaction Score
We still have red bills, I've seen them plenty of times. From early in the season during the non-conference expeditions, to some of the later away games, we still sport them. And plenty of fans sported them in person in the final regular series vs Seton Hall. I grabbed one from the clearance rack along with my blue home Hook C cap. (Aside, was kinda funny that on the day of the only opportunity to go to Elliot Ballpark in person, at the UConn store the only Hook C caps were in a small clearance section out of the way. There was a huge entire wall of hats and lids, but none of them were Hook C.)

Reaction Score
Honestly, to be the real shocker was Georgia with an RPI in the 30's getting left out when they went to Vandy and won 2 out of 3 and also won a game at Florida and at Ole Miss. I would think they would've got in over LSU. I think announcing the retirement of the LSU coach at the time they announced it was purely strategical and it worked. Michigan in with an RPI of 88 is crazy, but since we play them, we'll take it. Now just beat them.

LSU getting in over Georgia is absurd.

Reaction Score

That's a theoretical question of no practical import for UConn. We don't even know whether Penders considers Peterson or Casparius his #1, and there was no material difference in their bodies of work over the course of the season. Yes, Casparius by all reports is the better pro prospect, but that and 15 bucks will get you over the George Washington Bridge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom