UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues

Reaction Score
End of the third. Andre pretty quiet - 5 points on 2-3. 1-2 on his threes but the 1 miss was off the top of the backboard..Lot of turnovers (4), but also the only guy on the Bucks that is interested in playing defense

Halftime at Bucks/Clippers, also quiet for Tyrese. Scoreless (0-1 shooting) but did have a nice block on a guy's jumper

Reaction Score
Halftime Indiana vs Minnesota - Newton has gotten some minutes.

Struggling with scoring, but does have a strong o-board and putback through a foul. Distributing pretty well, tied for the most assists in the game including an alley oop to Furphy. Does look pretty passive, it seems like the game plan is to force feed Jarace Walker. Furphy playing really well too

Reaction Score
Really tough end to the 3rd quarter for Newton. Didn't hit rim on a 3 (to be fair he was fouled), had 3 consecutive turnovers (to be fair he got tackled on one of them), and picked up a T for chirping at the ref

1-5, 2 points, 4 assists, 5 turnovers. Looks like he's really struggling to get by his defender

Reaction Score
Really tough end to the 3rd quarter for Newton. Didn't hit rim on a 3 (to be fair he was fouled), had 3 consecutive turnovers (to be fair he got tackled on one of them), and picked up a T for chirping at the ref

1-5, 2 points, 4 assists, 5 turnovers

Ugh, hoping he gets a 2-way.

Reaction Score
Pretty quiet game for Andre so far. Emoni Bates looks REALLY good

EDIT: right as I say that, he just stands around and lets someone walk to the hoop against him, then dribbles off his leg out of bounds lol
That Bucks squad is atrocious

Reaction Score
Newton did turn it around a bit in the 4th but had a game to forget. Final line 3 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 turnovers on 1-7 from the field

Reaction Score
Hawkins hit a nice 3 in the first minute of the game but then got blocked on 2 layups + missed a three
Then in typical Hawkins fashion, got fouled on a three and hit all 3 FTs

Tied for most points in the game, although he's 1-5 shooting (a three + 3 FT)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hawkins not doing the best so far. Seems to struggle creating for himself and going to the rim still.

Dejounte Murray was a great pickup for the Pelicans leadership wise (he’s a dog in a Jimmy Butler mold). I hope he takes Hawkins under his wing too

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hawkins hit a nice 3 in the first minute of the game but then got blocked on 2 layups + missed a three
Then in typical Hawkins fashion, got fouled on a three and hit all 3 FTs

Tied for most points in the game, although he's 1-5 shooting (a three + 3 FT)
Hawk better step it up, he is reminding me of Bouk a little.

Reaction Score
Hawk better step it up, he is reminding me of Bouk a little.
Doing a good job getting to the line but the shot is not falling. I don't like Summer League for him, he's a movement shooter that thrives off of real sets. Summer league is just a series of isolations. Also for some reason the Pelicans in the last 2 summer leagues have him playing as a PG so he has to create his own shot, which is not his game at all. I'm all for trying to develop that aspect of his game but they're putting him in really tough situations instead of playing to his strengths

Just hit halftime, Hawk's line is 8 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal on 1-9 shooting (1-3 from three)

Reactions: awy

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Doing a good job getting to the line but the shot is not falling. I don't like Summer League for him, he's a movement shooter that thrives off of real sets. Summer league is just a series of isolations. Also for some reason the Pelicans in the last 2 summer leagues have him playing as a PG so he has to create his own shot, which is not his game at all. I'm all for trying to develop that aspect of his game but they're putting him in really tough situations instead of playing to his strengths

Just hit halftime, Hawk's line is 8 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal on 1-9 shooting (1-3 from three)
Agree but his greatest skill is 3 point shooting and he doesn’t bring much to the table otherwise. Handle and defense still look average, and he hasn’t gotten any stronger.

Reaction Score
and Hawkins, like Hawkins does, shrugs off his 1-9 shooting and hits a TOUGH three to start the 2nd half lol

Reaction Score
He struggled in summer league last year too if I remember correctly. He was en fuego in the NBA mins he played

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Also for some reason the Pelicans in the last 2 summer leagues have him playing as a PG so he has to create his own shot, which is not his game at all. I'm all for trying to develop that aspect of his game but they're putting him in really tough situations instead of playing to his strengths
Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s intentional to force him to work on that part of his game. Got to be put in uncomfortable situations to get better.

It’d be nice if he can learn to create for himself and others.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Did Green say anything worthwhile about him? I was in and out of the room.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Jordan’s arms and shoulders look much bigger than I remember. Should bode well for his growth on the defensive end

Reaction Score
Hawkins not doing the best so far. Seems to struggle creating for himself and going to the rim still.

Dejounte Murray was a great pickup for the Pelicans leadership wise (he’s a dog in a Jimmy Butler mold). I hope he takes Hawkins under his wing too
Unfortunately hawkins needed to go because he was a fringe lottery pick. He needed another year. He lacks confidence and may never succeed in Nba. Hope i am wrong

Reaction Score
Unfortunately hawkins needed to go because he was a fringe lottery pick. He needed another year. He lacks confidence and may never succeed in Nba. Hope i am wrong

“He’s just so impressive. You don’t see that kind of confidence from young guys,” Larry Nance Jr. said. “To miss six straight threes in a game and keep getting them up, that’s Korver-level confidence. That’s (JJ) Redick-level confidence. The elite shooters. He’s certainly got the makeup to be that.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom