UCONN NATION - Take the emotion out of this for a moment | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UCONN NATION - Take the emotion out of this for a moment

Reaction Score
UCONN is in a rebuilding mode and we all know that in the beginning of the yr. The performance is not that far from what I expected. I like to see some development and guess what, Adams, Larrier, Vital and Whaley are all much better players then when they first got here. The competitive games against Mich St, Wichita St and Arizona are all pluses. The team that we saw yesterday n against Wich St r alot better then the team from week 1. The question going forward is rebuilding. Who do u want to do the rebuilding. The recruiting class with Wilson, Akinjo, Matthews, Gilbert and Kisunas. Do we really want to start fresh with a guy (Hurley) who has no respect from the prep coaches in NE. Somebody who in 8 yrs has not even won a conference championship in two worser leagues (NE and A10) then AAC. Ollie is not perfect but the future is much better with him

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I can't understand the perspective of being okay with seeing flashes from a junior guard. Jalen should have these types of games every night regardless of how bad his team is, but he doesn't. How can you be excited about playing hard v. Tulsa? Why have some of those on this board accepted this new status of program as something that can't be fixed and something we should adjust to? We suck right now, objectively in all aspects of the game of basketball and as a program. Usually when things are not going well you change the leaders of the program, when that change will happen for UConn remains to be seen but to say that next year will be better makes no sense. KO has coached the same way since he has taken over the difference is the ability of his current players. The question is who deserves the blame for the ability of the current players?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Change you? Why? We would lose the entertainment factor.

You are really working it hard today. You must know deep down that KO is close to getting axed.

But let me address some of your crazy. First, yes, playing Tulsa even on their court is an improvement. But that isn't exactly something to get excited about. Tulsa is a borderline Top 100 team. This doesn't excite anyone who isn't a blind disciple. Second, fans staying home may indeed impact recruiting but it also impacts the university's decision on whether or not to keep KO and people want him gone. This is their voice. Tough if you don't like it. Third, tell me, superfan, is there a point where you would stop caring? If they were ranked 300 in the power ratings and had no hope of ever making it back to the NCAAs, you would still be excited to watch them play and get all bummed out when they lose? If you say yes, you are insane and should admit yourself to the nearest mental health facility. If not, where exactly is your threshold? Our current state is pretty damn bleak so I am wondering where exactly you go numb?

No, there's not a point where I will stop caring. I don't go numb about teams i care about. If you only care about things during the good times, then you kind of don't care at all. That's literally...LITERALLY the definition of a fair weather fan.

Now go worry about your own mental counseling, because like I've mentioned to you before, you're clearly suffering from some form of disorder and I'm rooting for you...

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
UCONN is in a rebuilding mode and we all know that in the beginning of the yr. The performance is not that far from what I expected. I like to see some development and guess what, Adams, Larrier, Vital and Whaley are all much better players then when they first got here. The competitive games against Mich St, Wichita St and Arizona are all pluses. The team that we saw yesterday n against Wich St r alot better then the team from week 1. The question going forward is rebuilding. Who do u want to do the rebuilding. The recruiting class with Wilson, Akinjo, Matthews, Gilbert and Kisunas. Do we really want to start fresh with a guy (Hurley) who has no respect from the prep coaches in NE. Somebody who in 8 yrs has not even won a conference championship in two worser leagues (NE and A10) then AAC. Ollie is not perfect but the future is much better with him

Are we sure about this?

Jalen Adams College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Terry Larrier College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Christian Vital College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member