UCONN Might need to wait awhile for invite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN Might need to wait awhile for invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I believe that every domino that is going to move now (which may leave the SEC at 14 and the B1G at 12 for at least the end of this calendar year) will fall before October 1.

The SEC needs an even number (this is assuming A&M is a foregone conclusion, which is not much of a stretch) so they will need to add one more school, They can wait on expanding to sixteen and it would not surprise me if they did at least until after the football season ends.

The B1G will take their sweet time about moving from twelve to sixteen (but possibly make a lot of headlines during the process), leaking rumors on who they are targeting for some time before pulling the trigger. I believe they won't even address this until next spring and they could take up to a couple of more years before making any decisions.

The remaining BE (football schools) and B-12 members will all need to resolve their situations as quickly as possible.

Reaction Score
ND is NOT going to the ACC. They are a midwest school and the only place they go is the B1G. I went to the Uconn/ND game a couple of years ago and my wife and I noticed that they announced B10 scores before Big East games. I talked to a number of ND fans (who are great btw, by far the most gracious I've met) and to a person, they all feel that if they were to go to a conference in fball, it has to be the B10. They culturally, geographically and emotionally feel they belong there if they have to go to a conference. They knew more about Wisconsin's team than any team in the Big East. The only conference they give up their independence for is the B10, that's it.
I agree except I don't think they will join a conference for football, even the B1G. I think for awhile they remain in the BE for all others, even if say, WVU goes to the SEC, and RU and CT go to the ACC. But in a couple of years, they park the nonfootball programs in the ACC, just like now with the BE. ACC then has a 16/17 structure.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
then the ACC runs the risk of the B10 moving East

IMHO, they're going to try and solidify the northeast corridor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics