UCONN Might need to wait awhile for invite | The Boneyard

UCONN Might need to wait awhile for invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In this USA article, the Wake Forest AD says the ACC is done for awhile with expansion unless something (read that Notre Dame) presents it self.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...c-shake-conference-alignment-again/50459128/1

UCONN might just need to sit back and bide their time until that next round of expansion. I believe eventually we will end up in the ACC but it might take few more years until we can get ND to join the conference. I dont think the ACC goes to 16 without them.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Everyone says there not expanding then bam hits the fan. imo we will be invited to the ACC by the end of the week.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
In this USA article, the Wake Forest AD says the ACC is done for awhile with expansion unless something (read that Notre Dame) presents it self.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/coll...c-shake-conference-alignment-again/50459128/1

UCONN might just need to sit back and bide their time until that next round of expansion. I believe eventually we will end up in the ACC but it might take few more years until we can get ND to join the conference. I dont think the ACC goes to 16 without them.

I don't thnk we'll have to wait that long.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I hope UConn to the ACC happens ASAP. #15 will have a far easier time than #16... essentially, I can see the ACC having many suitors for that last spot... gonna be a lot of broken hearts after that. Don't want it to be ours.

Reaction Score
ND is NOT going to the ACC. They are a midwest school and the only place they go is the B1G. I went to the Uconn/ND game a couple of years ago and my wife and I noticed that they announced B10 scores before Big East games. I talked to a number of ND fans (who are great btw, by far the most gracious I've met) and to a person, they all feel that if they were to go to a conference in fball, it has to be the B10. They culturally, geographically and emotionally feel they belong there if they have to go to a conference. They knew more about Wisconsin's team than any team in the Big East. The only conference they give up their independence for is the B10, that's it.

Reaction Score
ND is not going to the ACC. They are not giving up there annual games against Michigan, MSU, Purdue.

Reaction Score
Culture wise they belong in the ACC with large number of their fans in the northeast.
They need 5-6 open spots for their tradition which can be work out.

Reaction Score
The ACC will wait because it can afford to. I think we're going to have to deal with being part of the leftovers for a while.

Reaction Score
The ACC will wait because it can afford to. I think we're going to have to deal with being part of the leftovers for a while.

Maybe. But if it waits, and the Big Ten takes RU and UConn, it will not be the #1 football conference in the northeast forever. That is what it risk by waiting.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

That's not really what he said. He basically said they're done until they
are not done which might be tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I hope UConn to the ACC happens ASAP. #15 will have a far easier time than #16... essentially, I can see the ACC having many suitors for that last spot... gonna be a lot of broken hearts after that. Don't want it to be ours.

#15 and #16 come in together. Don't think ACC will add a 15 and then choose from among schools it doesn't want. Rutgers is the 16th. There is literally no other school out there that makes sense.

Reaction Score
They could take WVU or Louisville and it would be fine. But Rutgers makes a lot more sense.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Notice that every statement has an out. Nothing is fixed at 14 for the ACC.

I think its more likely that Rutgers or West Virginia will follow Uconn to the ACC. Word out of New Jersey is that Rutgers is talking with the ACC.

ND is not going to give up their NBC $$$$ for football until they have to. And that time has not arrived. The ACC won't wait that long.

Besides, many of the ACC coaches would like Uconn in the fold. It will allow the ACC a north and south conference situation.

Uconn will be in the ACC and begin negotiating its way out of the BE by week's end.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Notice that every statement has an out. Nothing is fixed at 14 for the ACC.

I think its more likely that Rutgers or West Virginia will follow Uconn to the ACC. Word out of New Jersey is that Rutgers is talking with the ACC.

ND is not going to give up their NBC $$$$ for football until they have to. And that time has not arrived. The ACC won't wait that long.

Besides, many of the ACC coaches would like Uconn in the fold. It will allow the ACC a north and south conference situation.

Uconn will be in the ACC and begin negotiating its way out of the BE by week's end.

+1

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't seem set yet. Florida State and Clemson may be on the way out. FSU is pining for better football. Well, who are you looking to add, exactly? ND is not coming through that door.

Reaction Score
They could take WVU or Louisville and it would be fine. But Rutgers makes a lot more sense.

I think they stick to #14 before taking WV or Louisville. Unless ESPN is running the show. I think the ACC is convincing themselves that UConn/Rutgers lock up the tri-state area. They think these teams will be accretive. I'm not so sure the same logic applies to WV and Louisville.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This can't take more than another few days....I need my sanity.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I can absolutely see this process occurring at a lightning pace. Maybe not within the next few days, but by the end of the year? Absolutely.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Danlow 1963, so you would disagree with this article then.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110918/SPORTS/110919631
Yes I do, because it only talks from a basketball perspective, MSG, ect. This is about fball and in fball, ND is midwestern. Their rivalries are with Michigan, MSU, Purdue, ect. they throw Eastern fball a bone once in a while to keep some alumni happy, thats it. If football drives the bus, ND's bus is driving to Chicago, imo

Reaction Score
Notre Dame will join the Big 10 if it joins a conference.

A while could be next year or today. Nobody knows what the hell is really going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom