UConn MHOC versus BC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC versus BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
PS - that's a Bald Eagle, BC are Golden Eagles. Also, as both birds are 'protected' in the US, please don't let the NCAA see that photo shopped picture as I am sure somehow that will constitute a major violation against UConn.

That is the 1st reference I have ever heard as the Golden Eagles (I don't think that is right - it is just "BC Eagles")....

...if that is the case, then someone should tell BC they have the wrong bird...just saying.

Who cares...Go HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
That is the 1st reference I have ever heard as the Golden Eagles (I don't think that is right - it is just "BC Eagles")....

...if that is the case, then someone should tell BC they have the wrong bird...just saying.

BC's mascot is indeed the bald eagle. In fact, the name "Baldwin the Eagle" is derived from the fact that he's a "bald" eagle and that they "win" a lot. I'm not making this up.

Reaction Score

He may have been thinking Marquette Golden Eagles. . .

Reaction Score
Best sporting event I went to the past 5 years. Includes some good basketball and football games. Never thought that 9K fans could make that much noise.

Reaction Score
So good I got a crew of 9 together for season seats. Got em on the glass in section 120 in the corner! So sweet!

Reaction Score
Connecticut made additional Hockey East history, packing its home venue with the largest single-game crowd for a home opener in conference history. Notre Dame held the record since last season, drawing 4,573 to Compton Family Ice Arena when welcoming Merrimack.

Reaction Score
I went to the UConn Alumni event last night at the NYSE in New York. Lots of big players there - Susan Herbst, Warde Manuel, Dean Elliott (Business), Mun Choi (Provost), Joshua Newton (Foundation), Ray Allen. Besides a lot of talk on STEM and the need to increase the school's endowment, Susan stated she was very happy with teh overall showing at the hockey game - both the team and the fans. She specifically noted that UConn's core function is academics; but, for better or worse, athletics is the school's face. Warde was almost giddy with the fact that UConn's next step in hockey started with a win over BC, arguably (due respect to BU) the most renowned and successful hockey program in New England.

Reaction Score
He may have been thinking Marquette Golden Eagles. . .

Hey, I knew I wasn't senile (though my wife tells me otherwise). BC used to be Golden Eagles and the term is still used to refer to certain Alumni. When BC used a live mascot, through the 1960's, it was a Golden Eagle. Not sure if this was because Golden Eagles were not protected like Bald Eagles were at the time nor do I know when they made the switch.

http://www.bc.edu/libraries/about/exhibits/burnsvirtual/eagle/3.html

I would tease BC a bit; but, UConn's prior "Husky' mascot was actually an Alaskan malamute. Of course, then there is the Auburn Tigers whose live mascot is actually a war eagle, i.e. golden eagle.

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
Hey, I knew I wasn't senile (though my wife tells me otherwise). BC used to be Golden Eagles and the term is still used to refer to certain Alumni. When BC used a live mascot, through the 1960's, it was a Golden Eagle. Not sure if this was because Golden Eagles were not protected like Bald Eagles were at the time nor do I know when they made the switch. http://www.bc.edu/libraries/about/exhibits/burnsvirtual/eagle/3.html I would tease BC a bit; but, UConn's prior "Husky' mascot was actually an Alaskan malamute. Of course, then there is the Auburn Tigers whose live mascot is actually a war eagle, i.e. golden eagle.

Or a Samoyed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpg
Checked a few threads and didn't see this posted - nice touch for them to send out a thank you.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
UConn AD is finally getting better at marketing. It's been a long, painful process but they're getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom