UConn Men's Insider: RPI, Recruiting Are 2015 Challenges | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Insider: RPI, Recruiting Are 2015 Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since I just went to a UConn hockey game that had a few hundred people at it - it's a bit funny to think hockey at MSG would be something the Big Ten would use as criteria for who they add.

Reaction Score
When the NCAA hockey tournament is holding regionals in arenas akin to Bridgeport, Worcester, Manchester (NH) size-wise and having trouble at times filling them with national names and local teams, MSG may be a bit of a stretch.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Our basketball recruiting really needs to step up. Only bringing in one kid in a class that is a rotation player is brutal.

Going into next season with Samuel and Adams as the only ball handlers is not going to be good. Need another PG badly.

Reaction Score
Our basketball recruiting really needs to step up. Only bringing in one kid in a class that is a rotation player is brutal.

Going into next season with Samuel and Adams as the only ball handlers is not going to be good. Need another PG badly.
I think DHam will be playing significantly more minutes as a point forward next season

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think realignment is done in the near and even mid-term. If it isn't, and it's the Big 12 that's expanding, I don't think that goes well for us - Oklahoma acted like they'd been slighted when they had to play us in the Fiesta...hard to imagine them signing up to play conference games in Hartford.

But Amore is right - we need more out of the class of '15.

Reaction Score
This isn't about the past or the present. Its about the future. Simply put, UConn brings the most by far. In pedigree, in olympic sports, and in potential. Oh yeah, and also in tv markets.

pj

Reaction Score
I think realignment is done in the near and even mid-term. If it isn't, and it's the Big 12 that's expanding, I don't think that goes well for us - Oklahoma acted like they'd been slighted when they had to play us in the Fiesta...hard to imagine them signing up to play conference games in Hartford.

If the B12 is expanding, and UConn makes the most sense, they'll swallow it. And then flee to the B1G, SEC, or Pac when the GoR expires.

Reaction Score

Forget ball handlers, bring in a shooter.

Reaction Score
We need another ball handler who can shoot. Tyler Dorsey would seem to be a great addition and one can only hope. We need shooters desperately so killing 2 birds with one Stone would be great.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We need a shooter AND a ball handler. I know it's BY style to fight over which we need more. But it is both. On top of our obvious need for a ball handler this year, Boat leaves and that is a lot to put on a freshman.

Maybe KO showed the need of a learning curve on projecting guard's skills into D-1 basketball. But he will learn and be less likely to recruit a Sam Jr or TSam. A team can live with one limited back-up point guard but not with two.

Reaction Score
uchusky32 said:
And a backup SF.

Still have Omar for one more year. I'm encouraged with his last couple games that he'll be a factor. And frankly Purvis looks like he would be better as a 3 in college than a 2, but that won't happen until maybe his senior year, depending on who else we bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom