UConn Men's Basketball to be Honored at Mets Game May 1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Basketball to be Honored at Mets Game May 1

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Or, as we Mets fans at the liked to call him when he was on our roster: Fat Jack Fisher.
I also recall the later 70's Palmer, Flanagan, Martinez and McGregor with Earl Weaver pitching them every 4th day. They used to roll up phenomenal innings pitched. Palmer, liked the other great pitchers of his era (Catfish Hunter) had to be jumped on early because once he got settled in they were so tough. They all had 4 pitches which could be thrown at any time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I also recall the later 70's Palmer, Flanagan, Martinez and McGregor with Earl Weaver pitching them every 4th day. They used to roll up phenomenal innings pitched. Palmer, liked the other great pitchers of his era (Catfish Hunter) had to be jumped on early because once he got settled in they were so tough. They all had 4 pitches which could be thrown at any time.
By the late 1970's they were rolling out a five man rotation, although with off days they would on occasion bump one of the five. Steve Stone was the guy you missed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As an Oriole fan I still hate the Mets. People don’t realize how good those 1969 Orioles were. Frank, Brooks, Boog, Cueller, McNally, Palmer, Earl etc.
I don't recall if it was 70 or 71, but back in the days when pitchers wins mattered, the O's had four 20-game winners: Palmer, McNally and Cuellar from your list, plus Rich Dotson. I don't think any other team in MLB history could claim that.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't recall if it was 70 or 71, but back in the days when pitchers wins mattered, the O's had four 20-game winners: Palmer, McNally and Cuellar from your list, plus Rich Dotson. I don't think any other team in MLB history could claim that.
Pat Dobson.

Rich Dotson pitched for the White Sox a decade later

Reaction Score
Pat Dobson. And they are the only team ever to have 4 - 20 game winners

Reaction Score
How’s this for a stat. Those 1970 Orioles had 71 complete games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom