UConn Men going overseas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Men going overseas

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am very happy to see they are finally doing one of these trips. When was the last one? It's been a while.
ISTR the team went to Israel in the summer of 97 or 98, but at my age, memory is always suspect.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Can anyone book this or for donors only? I’m a season ticket holder idk if that counts.

And what if you choose to book your own flights and go off on your own itinerary...could you still attend games and go to team meet&greet/dinner?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
European travel might be very limited this summer if the flu crisis doesn't abate. Was thinking of a soccer related trip but decided against it

Reaction Score
ISTR the team went to Israel in the summer of 97 or 98, but at my age, memory is always suspect.
They went to England in 2003 I believe. I remember the stories about Ben Gordon seeing Big Ben in London.

I can't remember one of these overseas trips to play some games since though. Must have been another one.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they will be televised. Seems like good content for SNY
Lol SNY setting up an international broadcast

how easy/cheap do you think that is?

and for exhibition games in October? Think, man, lol

Reaction Score

It wouldn’t be cheap but I don’t think it would be outrageous. I’m sure the game(s) would get great ratings.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am going to ask my wife if this is something she wants to do, this summer as I got the invite email this morning.

I would love to go, but we are planning to head south and north this summer so not sure we can swing it without postponing one of the trips.

Reaction Score
It wouldn’t be cheap but I don’t think it would be outrageous. I’m sure the game(s) would get great ratings.
Sorry but no they won’t. Haven’t we talked about games being hosted and how the schools pay hundreds of thousands to produce games? And we were talking about domestic games. Shipping the production overseas adds all kinds of moving parts. It’s really not worth it for anyone.

Reaction Score
Can anyone book this or for donors only? I’m a season ticket holder idk if that counts.

And what if you choose to book your own flights and go off on your own itinerary...could you still attend games and go to team meet&greet/dinner?

Check it out at the link below. My understanding is there are a couple events, like the meet and greet and the dinner with the team, that are exclusive to those that buy the tour packages, but it would seem anyone would be able to buy tickets to the games.

Reaction Score
Sorry but no they won’t. Haven’t we talked about games being hosted and how the schools pay hundreds of thousands to produce games? And we were talking about domestic games. Shipping the production overseas adds all kinds of moving parts. It’s really not worth it for anyone.
I know it’s not Italy but Georgetown games in the Bahamas last year were broadcasted online via FloSports.

Reaction Score
I know it’s not Italy but Georgetown games in the Bahamas last year were broadcasted online via FloSports.
Oh the bahamas, the islands which are directly affiliated with the US and who already have the infrastructure for broadcast based on preseason tournaments

this is a different continent we are talking about

Reaction Score
Oh the bahamas, the islands which are directly affiliated with the US and who already have the infrastructure for broadcast based on preseason tournaments

this is a different continent we are talking about
So you’re going to ignore the post above mine saying Cuse played in Italy and it was streamed by the same company?

Reaction Score
Florence and Siena are beautiful, I enjoyed my time there back in early 2009. Hopefully they will have some free time thrown in to check out the city as, I found, wandering around some of the side streets and kind of getting lost was one of the best experiences of my time in Italy. Plus, nowadays, there are all sorts of apps (offline maps, etc.) that are user friendly and will get you right back on track as soon as you have become fed up wandering. Any way, I digress, sounds like an awesome trip. I have not been to Athens yet but I have heard it is fantastic!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
puh-leez. basketball? that's just the cover story for the real reason - pizza. it seems that there is much discussion over the merits of neapolitan versus greek 'za. we're just sending our crack team of covert pizza experts there to get the scoop. prolly weigh in on that neapolitan ice cream thing, too. the press conference at the end will have an epic audience. I trust coach dan to do the right thing and bring extra napkins.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It would be prohibitively expensive, not sure who would televise it and the ratings would be dreadful.

Reaction Score
It would be prohibitively expensive, not sure who would televise it and the ratings would be dreadful.
You guys make it sound like they would put on a full production. If they do stream it or televise it it would be bare basic and not as costly as a regular broadcast.

And I guarantee you it would get good ratings.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Gary Apple could record it on his phone. How much could it be?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
go pro. you tube. the only messy part is the lawyers. sigh.

Reaction Score
This is a great perk but I thought the AD was broke

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom