UConn men: Facey fits right in (SNY - Silver) | The Boneyard

UConn men: Facey fits right in (SNY - Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I think the article overstates that we have an abundance of scorers. Maybe we have a lot of guys who want to be scorers but we don't have a lot of proven knock down shooters and I see that even in warm-ups.
As this team's basketball IQ hopefully continues to develop guys will recognize better the various options off of plays - taking what the defense gives you. The good news is assists are up.
Interesting comment about Freeman's role in Facey's development although potentially Facey may have more offensive potential due to having a softer shooting touch. I would like Facey to rebound and defend like Freeman did and bring that toughness.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I think the article overstates that we have an abundance of scorers. Maybe we have a lot of guys who want to be scorers but we don't have a lot of proven knock down shooters and I see that even in warm-ups.

Quite frankly, Chief, perhaps you missed one word....he said "potential" scorers which, of course, is not the same as shooters;)

"The Huskies have plenty of potential scorers — Ryan Boatright, Amida Brimah, Rodney Purvis and Daniel Hamilton"

Reaction Score
Solid article. His IQ along with some confidence is the key to his continued growth. It's really no different for Amida either as they both need to just play games to get the feel for what they need to do better and what they need to understand. I like that he is letting the game come to him, yet seems to be more and more aggressive on the offensive boards. KFree is certainly a good mentor for him, that's for sure! If Free was as tall as Kentan he may not be coaching yet.

Reaction Score
Good read.

It's amazing to think that I've played about as many years of organized basketball as our starting power forward and center COMBINED. OK, you need to count local youth b-ball and rec league as "organized" to make that true...but still! There is clearly potential for continued major development in our frontline. I'm excited about where things will go in '15 and beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom