UConn men’s team pauses again due to Covid | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn men’s team pauses again due to Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Huh? The walk-on in the article is on Syracuse if that’s what you’re mentioning.

No. I recognized the name. But I just must have been confused.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The inherent problem with your entire post, particularly the underlined part, is that there is no positive outcome of comparing generations to one another. The set of conditions under which both groups were of high school age are so fundamentally different that it's impossible to compare. There is no value in this comparison.

The only outcomes of such an argument is further age-ism, self-aggrandization, generational split, and anger between both parties.

Just stop.
sorta like comparing sanogo to okafor. but isn't what this place place is for?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
what a freaking circus this is. not surprising

Reaction Score
The inherent problem with your entire post, particularly the underlined part, is that there is no positive outcome of comparing generations to one another. The set of conditions under which both groups were of high school age are so fundamentally different that it's impossible to compare. There is no value in this comparison.

The only outcomes of such an argument is further age-ism, self-aggrandization, generational split, and anger between both parties.

Just stop.
You’re right. the conditions are different. Having 200 tv channels, internet, unlimited video games and not going to the prom/drinking isn’t similar to fighting in Ww2 or Vietnam.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I forgot where I read this...It may have been somebody on Twitter, but they suggested that the Big East could have done something like have multiple bubbles or pods while splitting the conference geographically. For example, you can have UConn, PC, Seton Hall, STJ, Villanova, and Georgetown all in a bubble at Mohegan. Then have Marquette, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, and DePaul play somewhere around Chicago. You can keep them in the bubble for 2 weeks and everybody plays each other. That maybe the safest way to play. I don't know if its realistic, but it was just an idea.
I feel like that was on The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised we had the amount of sports that we’ve had during a pandemic. I just can’t see Fox hunting, billiards, rugby, and other old sports actually being played during past global pandemics and plagues. We are so spoiled and arrogant. I’ll take 2 games, per month, gladly at this point. Anyway, go Huskies
Looks like the MLB played through the Flu Pandemic in 1918, 1919, and 1920

Reaction Score
I don’t know where I read it but I thought jay Wright had said the big East was not going to do a bubble because it was too cost prohibitive. Anyone confirm or refute this? I can’t find the article

Reaction Score
I don’t know where I read it but I thought jay Wright had said the big East was not going to do a bubble because it was too cost prohibitive. Anyone confirm or refute this? I can’t find the article

“There’s no doubt: The bubble is the answer,” said Villanova coach Jay Wright. “If you want to get where you are sure that you’re going to get all your games in, the bubble’s the answer [and] the medical experts will agree to that. The challenge for us is ... our players and students. They’re not employees so to force someone to go into a bubble is shaky. And, if you do it for the men you have to do it for the women, which doubles the cost for everybody ... [and] we don’t think the schools, really have the finances to do that.”

From Early November

Reaction Score
Did I hear it was a walk-on?
not sure of the timing, but walkon Matt Garry said he tested positive.

>>On Oct. 26, he ruptured his left knee in practice. Torn ACL. Torn meniscus. Cartilage damage. Season over before it began.

He underwent surgery Nov. 19.

He contracted COVID-19 days later and tested positive Nov. 27.<<

>>In the days after surgery, when he could barely move around, Garry’s parents and/or brother would visit to help him. When they weren’t available one day, a friend stopped by. That friend soon tested positive for COVID. Garry did, too, days later.<<

His latest quarantine ended yesterday...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Boomers are not the same as the greatest generation.

Greatest generation spawned and raised the Boomers. Maybe they're really just the "Better than average" generation. Anywho, good news is every agrees Boomers are the worst.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
I have to laugh at boomers who brag about being the greatest generation while simultaneously complaining about the world they created.
Nobody, including Boomers, think that Boomers are the "greatest generation." Boomers are the people who resulted from the Greatest Generation cranking out the kids after WWII ended. The "baby boom". The Greatest Generation fought and died in Pacific Atolls and French Fields. The Boomers normalized unrestrained consumption of useless consumer products and unhealthy food.

Reaction Score
Nobody, including Boomers, think that Boomers are the "greatest generation." Boomers are the people who resulted from the Greatest Generation cranking out the kids after WWII ended. The "baby boom". The Greatest Generation fought and died in Pacific Atolls and French Fields. The Boomers normalized unrestrained consumption of useless consumer products and unhealthy food.
I disagree with your take on Boomers' opinion of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom