UConn men’s team pauses again due to Covid | The Boneyard

UConn men’s team pauses again due to Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Major Bummer 1.jpg

Reaction Score
I am old and sad about missing the games, but I can't imagine how difficult this must be for the kids.
Especially the freshman; coming off of no prom, no real graduation ceremony (including partying), no proper goodbye to classmates and then to no real campus visitations, no real campus life experience and now no real basketball (fanless suxs).

These 'COVID' kids deserve a special place in history for what they have endured and sacrificed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The coaches said this would probably happen. It's disappointing for us fans, and even more so for the players and coaches.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's gonna be a loooooong winter.

Reaction Score
Hoping for some good news from the results of contract tracing. Less is greater.

Reaction Score
Especially the freshman; coming off of no prom, no real graduation ceremony (including partying), no proper goodbye to classmates and then to no real campus visitations, no real campus life experience and now no real basketball (fanless suxs).

These 'COVID' kids deserve a special place in history for what they have endured and sacrificed.

People have died, families changed forever, jobs lost, and businesses people have put their blood, sweat, and tears into are gone, and you want a "special place in history" for kids because they couldn't party and play basketball?

Reaction Score
People have died, families changed forever, jobs lost, and businesses people have put their blood, sweat, and tears into are gone, and you want a "special place in history" for kids because they couldn't party and play basketball?
Kids missing seminal moments in their development including graduations and proms is nothing to scoff at and minimize. It's not life or death, but it's significant. To shove it aside is misguided, inconsiderate, and demeaning to those who've also lost moments in their life as a result of this pandemic.

Reaction Score
I wish they would just be transparent about the whole thing. Who has the positive test? Is it a player, a coach, an equipment guy?

And who is the person or people responsible for our 14 day quarantine standard? The CDC guideline is 7 days with a negative test. Is this a Big East policy? UConn policy? Other teams are still playing with positives around their program. It's just frustrating they don't even tell us anything at all

Reaction Score
Sorry I wasn't clear, my godson is a high school senior and his sister in high school. These kids lives are altered.
The point being is that the virus is bigger than basketball and for the last 12 months school kids lives have been severely altered. I used basketball as a reference because of this forum.

All college freshman (and others) had a high school senior year like none other. We adults have tools to cope, whereas the kids are dependent on us (parents), teachers, authority figures and other influences to get by. Many can not physically be around peers for moral support.

So yes I think these kids are special moreso than previous generations. I know I didn't have to make these sacrifices at their age.

Reaction Score
Kids missing seminal moments in their development including graduations and proms is nothing to scoff at and minimize. It's not life or death, but it's significant. To shove it aside is misguided, inconsiderate, and demeaning to those who've also lost moments in their life as a result of this pandemic.
Sorry I wasn't clear, my godson is a high school senior and his sister in high school. These kids lives are altered.
The point being is that the virus is bigger than basketball and for the last 12 months school kids lives have been severely altered. I used basketball as a reference because of this forum.

All college freshman (and others) had a high school senior year like none other. We adults have tools to cope, whereas the kids are dependent on us (parents), teachers, authority figures and other influences to get by. Many can not physically be around peers for moral support.

So yes I think these kids are special moreso than previous generations. I know I didn't have to make these sacrifices at their age.

This.
I was lucky enough to have started my own business in 2019 that enabled me to keep the momentum going during this crazy year. However, I still live off my bartending job to cover bills and pour all revenues back into the biz and grow.

My restaurant coworkers are barely getting by... Many of them are fresh college grads, or still in school. No graduations, traveling abroad, no job fairs, no internships, nothing....They feel that they all have to wait for the gov't to figure everything out; and their ability to get better jobs and further improve their lives is severely hindered because of Covid.

They're right. (not about waiting for the gov't, but still....lol)

Reaction Score
I wish they would just be transparent about the whole thing. Who has the positive test? Is it a player, a coach, an equipment guy?

And who is the person or people responsible for our 14 day quarantine standard? The CDC guideline is 7 days with a negative test. Is this a Big East policy? UConn policy? Other teams are still playing with positives around their program. It's just frustrating they don't even tell us anything at all
I don’t think that will be happening with transparency, I work at a school and all administration tells us is a member of the school community tested positive. Even as teachers we are not privy to the information. I don’t see them giving more info on this.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When I start thinking that things aren't going my was I watch "World War ll in Color" which is readily available on Youtube or cable tv.; especially the Pacific Battles both island invasions (Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Okinowa,
Phillipines, Peleliu etc.) as well the Naval battles (Coral Sea, Leyte Gulf) etc.
Majority of of the military by that time was mostly 18-22 yr old marines, soldiers and sailors except for many who lied about their under age in order to get in.
Suffering beyond belief. There is a memorial in New Britain for the Battle of Iwo Jima and CT men who died there. It is an exact replica of the one in Washington DC. There is an inscription on it written by an officer that says something like this:
"Victory was never in doubt; we just didn't know if anyone would be left to decorate our cemeteries". When the weather gets warm in the Spring stop by and visit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When I start thinking that things aren't going my was I watch "World War ll in Color" which is readily available on Youtube or cable tv.; especially the Pacific Battles both island invasions (Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Okinowa,
Phillipines, Peleliu etc.) as well the Naval battles (Coral Sea, Leyte Gulf) etc.
Majority of of the military by that time was mostly 18-22 yr old marines, soldiers and sailors except for many who lied about their under age in order to get in.
Suffering beyond belief. There is a memorial in New Britain for the Battle of Iwo Jima and CT men who died there. It is an exact replica of the one in Washington DC. There is an inscription on it written by an officer that says something like this:
"Victory was never in doubt; we just didn't know if anyone would be left to decorate our cemeteries". When the weather gets warm in the Spring stop by and visit.

Poignant observation on Pearl Harbor Day.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don’t think that will be happening with transparency, I work at a school and all administration tells us is a member of the school community tested positive. Even as teachers we are not privy to the information. I don’t see them giving more info on this.

Maybe since the university is a public institution they may be more hesitant to release specifics, but most other programs hit with COVID (both basketball & football) have provided at least some information as to who the positive cases are - players, coaches, staff members, etc.

Would be nice to know so we can understand the thought process to the shutdown & how we can get restarted as safely / quickly as possible. It's hard to "follow the science" when important information is withheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom