UConn MBB Finished off the first Summer Session strong | The Boneyard

UConn MBB Finished off the first Summer Session strong

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I gave it a like for the soundtrack.
"Soundtrack" is giving someone too much credit. That sounded like one of the pre-recorded beats on the electric organ i.e. samba, bossa nova, rock, etc.. Not sure which one to classify it as.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still a long way to go in terms of strength and fitness, but it looks like we are headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Be still my beating heart, Sal! We're coming back! UConn Tough!

Reaction Score
There's no reason guys like Josh Carlton and Mamadou can't end up with the muscle of someone like Semi Ojeleye when he was on SMU
ojelei.png

Reaction Score
Carlton will get stronger as will all of them but a guy like Carlton isn't going to turn into an Ojeley or Patric Young, that's not how it works.

C

Chief00

I like the emphasis on weight lifting this year in the hype videos. I feel like in the past couple seasons it was an emphasis on flashy plays and dunking.

Music to Chief’s ears. Love a coach that doesn’t need convincing about this stuff. When Miller use to brag about that hand exercise the Bigs did - I had all I could do not saying - it’s not going to be much good when he’s been knock to the floor. Thankfully, that nightmare is over.

Reaction Score
Based off of what I see on social media these kids are still always playing 2K and goofing around. Is it a little much to question their work ethic? Or am I being too harsh on these kids who are still young. Just doesn't seem like their focus is 100% on preparing for the season.

Reaction Score
Based off of what I see on social media these kids are still always playing 2K and goofing around. Is it a little much to question their work ethic? Or am I being too harsh on these kids who are still young. Just doesn't seem like their focus is 100% on preparing for the season.
They just finished their first summer classes and the first 4 weeks of workouts. Don't think we need to freak out if they're having fun on a holiday weekend.

Reaction Score
Love the UConn Basketball shirts they’re wearing. Hurley threw the red out

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Everybody needs down time man. Just be thankful they aren't go-proing their scooter races.

Reaction Score

I think you may have a point. Kwintin sure seemed to be struggling with his situps (unless he was doing number 60 in that clip) and the other guys weren't exactly looking strong on the weights.
Hurley may need a lot more time to get them in the shape he wants.

Reaction Score
Hmmm... everyone needs downtime? These guys should be reaching daily for their peak of athletic performance in the four short years that they get free health care, free meals, free housing, state of the art training facilities(again free), free transportation to audition their skills to potential employers and... free television coverage to audition their skills to potential employers. If it was me i'd be working and making the most of every single day of those four years. Have fun when you graduate and enter the draft. But for the roughly 1,460 days your on scholarship get focused, stay focused work your butt off to be the best you can be.

Did I read that weight correctly in the opening part of the video.. 25 lbs? 25 lbs? Come on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmmm... everyone needs downtime? These guys should be reaching daily for their peak of athletic performance in the four short years that they get free health care, free meals, free housing, state of the art training facilities(again free), free transportation to audition their skills to potential employers and... free television coverage to audition their skills to potential employers. If it was me i'd be working and making the most of every single day of those four years. Have fun when you graduate and enter the draft. But for the roughly 1,460 days your on scholarship get focused, stay focused work your butt off to be the best you can be.
They’re college kids, not servants to a sports program, jesus man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom