UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully, it is still maintains the current level of recognition. It could very easily look like any number of other "huskies" logos and end up quite generic. For example, St. Cloud State.
View attachment 2618

That's a look I wouldn't be mad about... it's not scary to kids at all... and it's definitely more assertive...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know this Georgia Tech logo sheet looks supiciously like the on I posted in this thread, which is now suspiciously missing. As I recall, UConn was being emphasized rather than Connecticut. It was dated November 2012, but still used the old husky dog.

Reaction Score
You know this Georgia Tech logo sheet looks supiciously like the on I posted in this thread, which is now supiciously missing. As I recall, UConn was being emphasized rather than Connecticut. It was dated November 2012, but still used the old husky dog.

You stumbled onto something... The Illuminati made it go away.

Reaction Score
The reason for the change is marketing. New logo = new purchases. Now while they are doing that they are also unifying the way we present our self to the public, which is fine but at the end of the day is is about money.

Oh why we are at can we get rid of the colors of the rainbow/highlight yellow and pink UConn gear? Blue or white, please.

I have been complaining about this for years. Have you ever been to the UConn co-op and see the Easter egg colors they sell and also at the Rent at the Husky wear booth same thing. From the air we look like an Easter egg basket.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think those look really sharp. I wonder what the consensus down in Georgia is?

As far the hidden type sheet CL82 found, I'm totally down with that, just please, not too much red.

Reaction Score
UGA changed their logo into a somewhat classier bulldog. The world is coming to an end.

Reaction Score
Found this jersey in my closet...this is the one before Nike started.

Attachments

• IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 91

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm happy already. I've been stumping for the addition of more red for a while now.

This is your worst post ever.

Please no more red, unless its on alt uniforms. Create one name/symbol, fierce-ify Jonathan. Great.

But lets limit primary colors to BLUE & WHITE. Lets leave Black, grey, silver and even a little red for 3rd kits.

CL82

Reaction Score
This is your worst post ever.
LOL - I appreciate your ability to make such a discriminating decision. I made quite a few so I have to believe there are some clunkers in there.

Chalk it up to personal preference. I'm not a fan of grey/silver on the unis so I get your point. I do like the blue/white combo particularly as a throw back uni. That said, the decision is made. We'll see what it looks like.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of the red background shown on the Nov. 2012 licensing sheet that I think may have been an early version of what's to come. It looks good but the red should only be used as a highlight, imo. NC_UConn_Fan's picture above is a good example of that.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
LOL - I appreciate your ability to make such a discriminating decision. I made quite a few so I have to believe there are some clunkers in there.

Chalk it up to personal preference. I'm not a fan of grey/silver on the unis so I get your point. I do like the blue/white combo particularly as a throw back uni. That said, the decision is made. We'll see what it looks like.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of the red background shown on the Nov. 2012 licensing sheet that I think may have been an early version of what's to come. It looks good but the red should only be used as a highlight, imo. NC_UConn_Fan's picture above is a good example of that.

Nah, it was an easy call. You are actually a model poster; your posts are typically rational, sometimes clever and always seem to exhibit appropriate decorum.

There's a good action pic of Marcus Williams floating around with a throwback Connecticut jersey. I love that look and wish it could become our primary jersey.

I like the classic look for our main image.

Reaction Score
I have been complaining about this for years. Have you ever been to the UConn co-op and see the Easter egg colors they sell and also at the Rent at the Husky wear booth same thing. From the air we look like an Easter egg basket.

UConn is deep (flag blue) white and a little bit of red trip. I do not like the non-traditional uniforms, such as the gray and red women’s basketball uniform that Nike put out a few years back. That said, money drives the bus and the Easter basket colors do sell well with certain demographics, unfortunately. Heck, the club store on 34th Street in NYC sells pink Yankees caps.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
I understand, and you probably know this, but that licensing sheet is just to provide guidelines on how to properly use the official UConn logos, and not an indication of what uniforms will look like. For example, if you are producing a red t-shirt, the word UConn must be in blue, or it will not be approved. I have seen no indication that our primary uniforms will be anything other than Blue or White, with only more red trim probably tossed in.

As far as the Neon colored clothing, that is not controlled by Athletics. If you are using official logos from UConn Athletics then typically you have to use blue, white, grey or red. But for another example, this shirt: http://www.uconncoop.com/product_p/42097.201.htm It just uses a generic font for UConn, so this clearly wasn't done by Athletics, but rather someone from the University.

There are some exceptions, and I'm sure we can spend all day finding them, but just trying to show there is a difference and not every issue should be laid at the doorstep of UConn Athletics....and I think Neon colored apparel falls somewhere behind conference realignment on the "to-do list"

Do you expect that alternate 3rd uniforms will be established for football and hoops?

Reaction Score
I have to say, I'm almost willing to part with the current Jonathan design if it means we get rid of our boring-ass football unis.

Almost.

CL82

Reaction Score
UConn is deep (flag blue) white and a little bit of red trip. I do not like the non-traditional uniforms, such as the gray and red women’s basketball uniform that Nike put out a few years back. That said, money drives the bus and the Easter basket colors do sell well with certain demographics, unfortunately. Heck, the club store on 34th Street in NYC sells pink Yankees caps.
FYI - The new scheme will move us from National Flag Blue to navy blue.

Reaction Score
FYI - The new scheme will move us from National Flag Blue to navy blue.

http://advance.uconn.edu/2000/000313/000313hs.htm

"It had been found that using PANTONE© 289 was problematic, particularly in print publications - National Flag Blue is so dark as to be barely indistinguishable from black in some printing. For the new standards, a slightly lighter shade of blue - PANTONE© 281 - was adopted as the new shade of blue in the visual identity program."

Wonder if the change codifies it any different on the go-forward?

CL82

Reaction Score
http://advance.uconn.edu/2000/000313/000313hs.htm

"It had been found that using PANTONE© 289 was problematic, particularly in print publications - National Flag Blue is so dark as to be barely indistinguishable from black in some printing. For the new standards, a slightly lighter shade of blue - PANTONE© 281 - was adopted as the new shade of blue in the visual identity program."

Wonder if the change codifies it any different on the go-forward?
UConn Alumnus offered an addendum - first noting that on Alumni Day in June 1947, two members of the Class of 1887 "displayed a pair of class badges that were unmistakeably (sic) a very light blue." And it cited a book published in 1930, The Dictionary of Color, which listed Connecticut Agricultural College's colors as "imperial blue and white.

th

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
"It had been found that using PANTONE© 289 was problematic, particularly in print publications - National Flag Blue is so dark as to be barely indistinguishable from black

70% of the teams have been adding black to there uniforms the past 15 years & we are moving way from National Flag Blue because it get confused with black. I bet the altenative jersey's they come up with are black.

Reaction Score
70% of the teams have been adding black to there uniforms the past 15 years & we are moving way from National Flag Blue because it get confused with black. I bet the altenative jersey's they come up with are black.

"In print publications"... Not all that is written is about uniforms/sports. It goes with the whole university wide re-branding?

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I thought the football uni's were a little more Navy Blue than National Flag Blue last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom