UConn-Maryland postgame presser | The Boneyard

UConn-Maryland postgame presser

Reaction Score
Geno at the end of the presser: “alright. We staved off the demise of the program for one day”

lol Geno’s heard about ya’ll yapping here on The BY
Tea Time Eye Roll GIF

Reaction Score
Congrats Boneyarders. Just an awesome final 24 minutes from you guys. That 20-1 run sealed the deal at the end of the 2nd quarter.

The Terps could be in big trouble this season. This team has very little athleticism and that is going to hurt them in plenty of games this season. The only part of the game the Terps were decent in was rebounding. UConn might have to work on their rebounding after the Terps gave up 25 offensive rebounds to Harvard but only 9 to UConn.

Again congratulations.

Reaction Score
Geno also said “Caroline is not not starting the next game”. Anyone expecting a change in the the starting lineup wi be disappointed
Geno saw what Ashlyn Shade is all about. 110% every game, every possession. Great defense plus ability to score. Something that comes very hard for Nika. Plays defense but not a natural scorer. Caroline will soon be on the bench at the start of games. Don't know what her problem is. KK will shine, no doubt about it. Losing the NC State may have been the catalyst and omen that the youngsters very much deserve to play and must get experience NOW.

Reaction Score
Geno saw what Ashlyn Shade is all about. 110% every game, every possession. Great defense plus ability to score. Something that comes very hard for Nika. Plays defense but not a natural scorer. Caroline will soon be on the bench at the start of games. Don't know what her problem is. KK will shine, no doubt about it. Losing the NC State may have been the catalyst and omen that the youngsters very much deserve to play and must get experience NOW.
Very impressed with shade! She was all over the court on defense and showed she has a nice shot. Would start her over Caroline who seems to have lost it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s been 3 games. Three.

Reaction Score
Very impressed with shade! She was all over the court on defense and showed she has a nice shot. Would start her over Caroline who seems to have lost it.
I'm not sure Geno has given up on Caroline just yet, but one game does not give reason for her to start over Caroline.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno also said “Caroline is not not starting the next game”. Anyone expecting a change in the the starting lineup wi be disappointed
Yep, but on the other hand he also acknowledged that her play has been spotty. Apparently she's looking much better in practice. He said that she'll continue to start, but he'll look at the how she is playing and then decide how many minutes she'll get.

Fully expect her to have a game where she gets in rhythm and shoots lights out. Hopefully, that'll be soon.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Geno sounds resigned to taking a nightly barometer read on Caroline... I guess he really wants her playing if she's feeling good.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
You can see Caroline thinking too much and pressing herself too hard. She needs to relax and let the game come to her. Easier said than done
Maybe because I'm looking for it but I see alligator arms, pulling up short of loose ball contact, and no interest in diving for a loosie. Those could be standing instructions for all I know, but it's like playing in handcuffs.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I do hope Caroline has some good games left in her but it is nice to see how ready Ashlyn is to contribute when needed. This frosh class (+ice) looks like a very good one

Reactions: PvP
Reaction Score
Congrats Boneyarders. Just an awesome final 24 minutes from you guys. That 20-1 run sealed the deal at the end of the 2nd quarter.

The Terps could be in big trouble this season. This team has very little athleticism and that is going to hurt them in plenty of games this season. The only part of the game the Terps were decent in was rebounding. UConn might have to work on their rebounding after the Terps gave up 25 offensive rebounds to Harvard but only 9 to UConn.

Again congratulations.
Spot on…but it’s November, Brenda never quits, and this season promises to be a roller coaster for front-rank WCBB teams. Enjoy your season.

Reaction Score
You can see Caroline thinking too much and pressing herself too hard. She needs to relax and let the game come to her. Easier said than done
This.

She didn’t play a lot last year and could still be a bit tentative based on her past concussion history. She didn’t forget how to be a good player, she’ll make her mark at some point for the team. Just have to stick with it.

Reaction Score
With the difference between Caroline's practice and game performances it makes me wonder if ear plugs would even that out until the issue resolves. Seems worth a try.

Reaction Score
With the difference between Caroline's practice and game performances it makes me wonder if ear plugs would even that out until the issue resolves. Seems worth a try.
I have seen her wear earplugs which to me is another indication that her concussion symptoms haven't completely abated. I can understand that she is so much better in practice. Practice players aren't going to clobber you and knock you down. But in a game, that's going to happen. I think she's just tentative because, in the back of her mind, that could happen. And she knows, like all the boneyarders do, that her next concussion could be her last.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom