UConn Making Parking Changes; Adding New Lot | The Boneyard

UConn Making Parking Changes; Adding New Lot

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
http://dailycampus.com/stories/2017...ictions-and-the-installation-of-the-new-j-lot

University of Connecticut students are expressing concerns about a number of changes to commuter parking set to take effect in the fall semester.

University officials say the changes were made in response to commuter concerns.

The most notable change – the addition of 150 commuter parking spaces on Discovery Drive in the new J-Lot – has been welcomed by some commuters, who struggle to find parking in the current allotment of spaces. However, many have expressed concern about the distance of J-Lot from the campus core.

In addition, the university is planning to begin enforcing new overnight parking restrictions in three non-residential lots – W-Lot, F-Lot and the joint Y/8-Lot. The restriction will be in effect from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. each night. Students have wide-ranging concerns about this decision as well.

“Limiting overnight parking has been frustrating for me, just because I occasionally stay overnight with friends if I have early exams or something and there’s no where I can park my car without having to pay or walk a mile in the dark,” junior allied health major Sara Candito said.

Hayley Spector, a junior communications major, said she has concerns about the distance of the two lots designated for overnight parking – C and J lots – from the center of campus.

“It’s annoying because overnight parking is so far from where I’m going to be,” Spector said. “I would have to walk to my car at 2 a.m. from the library to C or J lot. It's annoying that they're enforcing it in lots close to where people will be late at night. Us commuters still do late hours in the library so it's frustrating that at the early hours of the morning, I would have to hike to C or J lot now in order to avoid getting a parking ticket.”

The university will also enforce parking bans in non-designated areas around Horsebarn Hill that have been used for parking in the past. Senior animal science major Mattie Harris said she is concerned about the new restrictions.

Reaction Score
Parking has always been a problem. I also recall reading something about them ripping up some of the lots and planting grass as part of the "beautification" project (AKA Susan's love child). Not sure if that ever went anywhere.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Parking is merely a problem now.

Twenty-years ago, parking was a freaking nightmare.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom