UConn Looking to Start a H/H Series at Home | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Looking to Start a H/H Series at Home

Reaction Score
So my guess is that we aren’t doing the never forget classic and replacing it with an AAC team and we do a Big 12 challenge with a team like West Virginia

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm for Michigan, Zaga, Georgia/Auburn, Indiana
No Cuse, Pitt, BC, Duke, Kentucky or Kansas

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I'm for Michigan, Zaga, Georgia/Auburn, Indiana
No Cuse, Pitt, BC, Duke, Kentucky or Kansas

You’re crazy if you think they’d turn down Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas for a H and H.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I'd find it hard to believe the first team UConn plays in the Big East/Big 12 challenge isn't Kansas. Kansas and Nova are completing a H and H this season and there's not a lot of cache in a Kansas/Creighton or Kansas/Seton Hall matchup when this challenge is obviously an ESPN/FOX driven concept.

Reaction Score
Syracuse, Cincy, Pitt would all be good ways to reignite old big east rivalries but I'd love to see us get to play some bluebloods like Kansas, Duke or UCLA.

If Hurley's got this program moving as quickly as we think he does, a road win at Cameron Indoor or Allen Fieldhouse could be the Uconn is really back moment.

Reaction Score
I'd find it hard to believe the first team UConn plays in the Big East/Big 12 challenge isn't Kansas. Kansas and Nova are completing a H and H this season and there's not a lot of cache in a Kansas/Creighton or Kansas/Seton Hall matchup when this challenge is obviously an ESPN/FOX driven concept.
Thanks for pointing out the Nova/Kansas H/H. I assumed that was a BE/B12 challenge game.

I could see us playing them.

Reaction Score
My son interned at BC (for the Hockey team) last fall. I have to say I don't love him wearing BC gear around the house.

He is allowed in the house? Basement (cellar) only I hope

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Creighton would be pretty good for them. Drivable for fans of both teams. Butler would have some appeal as well.

Reaction Score
Creighton would be pretty good for them. Drivable for fans of both teams. Butler would have some appeal as well.

It should be Butler vs Baylor simply for the alliteration

Reaction Score
He is allowed in the house? Basement (cellar) only I hope

To be fair - wasn't his fault (or choice) - he needed the hours and interning with a prominent D1 program goes a long way. So I made an exception.

Will be more of the same in grad school - when he ends up at Florida, Vandy or Northwestern interning with one of their teams.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Fun Home and Homes: note no current blue bloods

Texas
Baylor - double header with the women
Michigan
Indiana
Tennessee - can tie it into a double header
LSU - (if they aren't on probation by then)
Gonzaga
UCLA - need to see Cronin implode on the sidelines again
Notre Dame - no double header

Reaction Score
My son interned at BC (for the Hockey team) last fall. I have to say I don't love him wearing BC gear around the house.
My son is going there for his Phd starting next year. I made him promise me 2 things. No BC gear and he can't root for any of their athletic teams. He said deal.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
At this point give me Illinois. Kofi, Curbelo, now looking like Mac is an Illinois lean. We can’t keep letting them take our leans from our territory.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Georgia or Georgia Tech for purely selfish reasons.

And lots of great players to be recruited, a la Ricky Moore and Jeremy Lamb. In fact, Jeremy's hometown of Norcross seems to be a hotbed of very good players in at least the past decade.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Give me a Duke home and home. This needs to finally happen. How is it with our history against them that has never happened???

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The major factor I want to see in a new H/H is what will give us visibility in a recruiting hotbed. What area of the country is developing the most D1 talent and we aren't being seen there. The game must also be with a high visibility opponent to draw interest. UCLA gets us into SoCal, USF gets us to FL. Gonzaga in the PacNW.

Reaction Score
Duke doesn’t play OOC road games. Ever.
Only neutral site games and conference challenges where they'll go on the road every other year. UConn tried to start a H/H series with Duke and was offered the game they played in NJ in December 2014.

Reaction Score
Ordering candidates by geographic distance / length of flight from Storrs:
BC - two easy wins
Rutgers - Pikiell/Hobbs homecoming
Cuse - two easy wins
Maryland
Pitt
Virginia
West Virginia
UNC
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Kentucky
Kansas
Florida
Florida State
Texas
Forgot Penn St... - Freeman Homecoming and Arizona St - Battle of the Hurley Brothers

Reactions: pj

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Forgot Penn St... - Freeman Homecoming and Arizona St - Battle of the Hurley Brothers
They said they wouldn’t play each other unless they’re forced to in a tournament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom