UConn Lineup, by Actual Positions. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Lineup, by Actual Positions.

Reaction Score
Next year it will be hard to keep a lot of players out of the (starting) lineup, but there are only 5 slots. If this year's team goes on to win the NC, then I don't see and of the 4 returning starters sitting. Last night's game thread was full of, "The offense runs better with Kia in there." Danger just isn't quite "first team" yet, and that's OK - just let her keep developing. IMO to hold out Azura would be crazy. 6'6", two stellar years of P5 experience in the ACC, AA honorable mention as a soph, and media pundits speculating she may be the best player on the team and POY next year - gotta be something to that.

I agree with all you say: Danger on any other team right now would be a starting PG. imo. Azura , unless there is some things about her I don't know, must start. Napheesa and KLS must start--how do you sit Gabby and Kia?? To me the only way to keep all happy is platoon i.e substitution in groups of 3 or 5. Pundits may be right about Danger last week--but she is improving by leaps and bounds. There is a point where her attributes exceed Kia's attributes or equals them--then Danger gets the nod--Geno looks into the future where he has the top PG again. He won't dump Kia, he's too loyal--but she like others will play less. Playing towards the future is important--Azura has one Maybe 2 years--.

Reaction Score
I agree with all you say: Danger on any other team right now would be a starting PG. imo. Azura , unless there is some things about her I don't know, must start. Napheesa and KLS must start--how do you sit Gabby and Kia?? To me the only way to keep all happy is platoon i.e substitution in groups of 3 or 5. Pundits may be right about Danger last week--but she is improving by leaps and bounds. There is a point where her attributes exceed Kia's attributes or equals them--then Danger gets the nod--Geno looks into the future where he has the top PG again. He won't dump Kia, he's too loyal--but she like others will play less. Playing towards the future is important--Azura has one Maybe 2 years---

I think that the only possible way to disrupt team unity next season would be to take starting positions away from this season's starters. I don't care if Azura, or anyone else, is a better player than Williams, Collier, Samuelson, or Nurse. After how they've proved themselves, and what they will have accomplished this year, they need to start. Minutes is another story. With the bench hopefully so much stronger, playing time should, and almost certainly will, be more spread out. More so up front where UCONN might have more depth than they've ever had.

Reaction Score
I think that the only possible way to disrupt team unity next season would be to take starting positions away from this season's starters. I don't care if Azura, or anyone else, is a better player than Williams, Collier, Samuelson, or Nurse. After how they've proved themselves, and what they will have accomplished this year, they need to start. Minutes is another story. With the bench hopefully so much stronger, playing time should, and almost certainly will, be more spread out. More so up front where UCONN might have more depth than they've ever had.
The question then becomes, because I'm sure Azura shall start, what "starting" means and what "minutes" means to specific kids. More than likely Geno will convince Danger to not start and allow Kia her senior year starting. Gabby a senior, starting is a good possibility--the sophs after playing with Azura and Batouly in practice see the value in either (not both) starting--Some kids starting is more meanful than it is to others--fan's read (maybe) too much in the status symbol of Starting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom