uconn leadership needs to change the game... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

uconn leadership needs to change the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every conference pools 2nd tier rights. Except for the fact the MWC is discussing not pooling 2nd tier rights. Follow along, you're way behind.

And sorry I made fun of your intelligence. I shouldn't have done that. It's an unkind thing to do.

Yeah maybe I'm not as smart as you. Of course I haven't been completely wrong through this entire thread. Now it is true, I don't read Plato, care about the humanities or go on sabbaticals. I do however make more by March 1st than the average college professor makes in the entire year with just my little old bachelors degree from a state school. So while I'll don't have easy access to co-ed's with daddy issues - at least I rest easy that I'm not so out of touch with reality that I defend the scumbags at Penn State.

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe I'm not as smart as you. Of course I haven't been completely wrong through this entire thread. Now it is true, I don't read Plato, care about the humanities or go on sabbaticals. I do however make more by March 1st than the average college professor makes in the entire year with just my little old bachelors degree from a state school. So while I'll don't have easy access to co-ed's with daddy issues - at least I rest easy that I'm not so out of touch with reality that I defend the scumbags at Penn State.

You mentioned the word "issues" in your post. I'm not surprised. You do have issues.

Reaction Score
This argument is bizarre. What whaler11 is saying is bascially accurate. I'm not even following what upstater is trying to argue.

If UConn is even getting $5 million in its Tier 3 TELEVISION rights, that's fantastic. Better than most schools. Better than virtually very school not named Texas. Tier 3 is basically what Tiers 1 and 2 don't take. That usually means 0-1 football games and somewhere around 5-8 basketball games. The only major conference that allows schools to retain Tier 3 television rights is the Big 12 (Hence the Longhorn Network). The Big 10 and Pac 12 bundle them in their own networks and the SEC soon will. The ACC sold them to ESPN, although even that deal has a ton of misinformation out there (for example, my understanding is women's basketball is treated differently than other sports)

So much of what often gets lumped into Tier 3 rights goes beyond the television rights. I'm not aware of any conference that has requires schools to lump non-Television Tier 3 rights (although the Pac-12 network may include some coach's shows).

In a hypothetical UConn to the ACC scenario, UConn would not forfeit $25 million. At worst, it would forfeit $5 million (not accounting for what it would gain in Tiers 1 and 2), and even that number is likely grossly inflated. The real number is probably no more the half that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Mic drop

Reaction Score

tumblr_m0dpjlWlnn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Reaction Score
download.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104