uconn leadership needs to change the game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

uconn leadership needs to change the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ok... but if you read my post, the teams being mentioned to leave are UVA, UNC, NC st and duke... what's left in the acc:
wf, bc, syr, pitt, uofl. that's it.
not excited....

If they lost the 4 you mentioned it would put us in a conference with Syracuse, PITT, BC, Wake, Ville, GT, FSU, Miami, Virginia Tech and Clemson. I would cut off a nut to be that conference.

Reaction Score
If they lost the 4 you mentioned it would put us in a conference with Syracuse, PITT, BC, Wake, Ville, GT, FSU, Miami, Virginia Tech and Clemson. I would cut off a nut to be that conference.

Seems a little drastic!

Reaction Score
Really? Have you seen our current conference line up? Id probably give them both up to get out of this grease fire of a conference.

After they are both gone you won't care about sports any more. You will be too busy trying to decide between going to the cat show and your bikini wax appointment.

Reaction Score
well, in case you haven't seen, gt, fsu, miami, vt, and clemson are also rumored to be on the move.
so yes, that does leave Pitt, bc, wake, uofl, and syr.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
well, in case you haven't seen, gt, fsu, miami, vt, and clemson are also rumored to be on the move.
so yes, that does leave Pitt, bc, wake, uofl, and syr.
But that's not what your post said and I was responding to that. That being said, a conference with BC, PITT, cuse, is still preferable to the steaming pile of gorilla s hit of a Leauge we currently find ourselves in.

Reaction Score
It's merely a comment on your cluelessness. Don't read too much into it.

I think coaches' shows are worthless. I am shocked by every post here that references something from an SNY press conference or show. I have no idea why anyone would watch them - but even if the games are 98% of the rake - the women's basketball deal is for 4.55 million over 4 years. The men's basketball and football deal makes all of that worth maybe 5 million a year. It's a fraction of the 25 million that would be shared.

If it were anywhere near your assumptions the ACC would fall over themselves to invite UConn.

The rights are worth 25 million a year. Your idea now is that football + men's basketball is $400k more than women's bball. That's idiotic. Use your brain.

Reaction Score
Ok... but if you read my post, the teams being mentioned to leave are UVA, UNC, NC st and duke... what's left in the acc:
wf, bc, syr, pitt, uofl. that's it.
not excited....

They can't all leave, some will get left behind. If UNC and UVa go B1G, Duke doesn't have a spot unless conferences go to 18.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
UConn makes $25 million a year on its lower tier rights.
If it grants those to the conference, UConn goes in the hole at least $20 million a year.

"UConn makes $25 million a year on its lower tier rights."

Do you have the breakdown on this?

Reaction Score
"UConn makes $25 million a year on its lower tier rights."

Do you have the breakdown on this?

Other than about $10 million coming from IMG, 1.5m for women's bball, there's no further breakdown. The men's bball-football is packaged together, but news reports don't show a value.

The 24.7m figure is reported under UConn's financials in the USA Today NCAA financial database. That is the aggregate revenue from their rights.

Reaction Score
Other than about $10 million coming from IMG, 1.5m for women's bball, there's no further breakdown. The men's bball-football is packaged together, but news reports don't show a value.

The 24.7m figure is reported under UConn's financials in the USA Today NCAA financial database. That is the aggregate revenue from their rights.
that's all 3rd tier?

Reaction Score
that's all 3rd tier?

As I said, no it's not. But the schools do not break up their licensing rights by tiers. For good reason. Because everyone slices up their licensing rights differently. You can only make these comparisons inside the conference since, presumably, every team inside that conference will have a similar breakdown (i.e. rights given to the conference vs. rights given to the school).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The rights are worth 25 million a year. Your idea now is that football + men's basketball is $400k more than women's bball. That's idiotic. Use your brain.

What the hell are you talking about. Women's basketball is worth a million a year roughly. It's 4.55 million for 4 years guy.

You are so totally and completely lost it's painful.

Tier 3 football has little value. If your team is any good none of your games are tier 3. If you have a lot of tier 3 football inventory your team sucks and nobody wants to watch.

I was being generous to your argument saying the tier 3 TV rights are worth 5 million.

Think for one second. If UConn's tier 3 TV rights were worth the amounts you propose - how would the ACC not gobble them up? All three tiers in the ACC pay 17 million. UConn's tier 3 rights would be even more valuable in the ACC. So if they were sharing this huge amount of money - how could they pass them up.

Can you please post the amount you think UConn gets for Tier 3 TV rights. What the ACC shares. Not the IMG or licensing money that they don't share. Please don't post the idiotic 15 million you've posted prior because that is clearly so wrong it's painful.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here was UConn's 2012 tier 3 football inventory I believe.

UMass
Temple

NCSU and Buffalo were Tier 2. Pitt and Cinci were Tier 1.

What are the rights to televise UConn/UMass and UConn/Temple worth you think?

How much of that 25 million was for the rights to two awful football games?

Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about. Women's basketball is worth a million a year roughly. It's 4.55 million for 4 years guy.

You are so totally and completely lost it's painful.

Tier 3 football has little value. If your team is any good none of your games are tier 3. If you have a lot of tier 3 football inventory your team sucks and nobody wants to watch.

I was being generous to your argument saying the tier 3 TV rights are worth 5 million.

Think for one second. If UConn's tier 3 TV rights were worth the amounts you propose - how would the ACC not gobble them up? All three tiers in the ACC pay 17 million. UConn's tier 3 rights would be even more valuable in the ACC. So if they were sharing this huge amount of money - how could they pass them up.

Can you please post the amount you think UConn gets for Tier 3 TV rights. What the ACC shares. Not the IMG or licensing money that they don't share. Please don't post the idiotic 15 million you've posted prior because that is clearly so wrong it's painful.

You can't read, that much is obvious. I said numerous times the 25 mill is not all tier 3, but go on with your idiocy. Frankly, you equated the football/men's bball package with the women's bball. Just beyond stupid. Idiotic.

Reaction Score
patience is a virtue.....the lack of information flow can drive a fan nuts. my money is with uconn never playing a single game in the nbe or mwc.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can't read, that much is obvious. I said numerous times the 25 mill is not all tier 3, but go on with your idiocy. Frankly, you equated the football/men's bball package with the women's bball. Just beyond stupid. Idiotic.

LOL. So lost I feel bad for you.

I showed you women's basketball gets 4.55 million for four years - but division seems out of your grasp. Instead you tell me that I think men's basketball and football are worth $500k. You can't possibly be this stupid.

I showed you tier 3 football is nearly worthless.

I overestimated the tier 3 TV rights by over 100% to give you a break. Even granting you 5 million a year makes your arguments idiotic.

Please oh great academic - Who has told us in this very thread that UConn would be 20 million under water by sharing Tier 3. Please put an estimated number down for what UConn gets paid for tier 3 TV rights today.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
patience is a virtue.....the lack of information flow can drive a fan nuts. my money is with uconn never playing a single game in the nbe or mwc.
Agreed this is the most likely scenario in my opinion. People can be quick to assume lack of public comment means lack of moving and shaking behind the scenes. Meanwhile all UConn fans cry how can we not be appealing to the B1G or at least the ACC. There is so much supporting our value to a major conference that I am fairly confident we will find a home. But the lack of information is enough to drive you insane. I wish I could just fast forward college athletics 2 years.

Reaction Score
LOL. So lost I feel bad for you.

I showed you women's basketball gets 4.55 million for four years - but division seems out of your grasp. Instead you tell me that I think men's basketball and football are worth $500k. You can't possibly be this stupid.

I showed you tier 3 football is nearly worthless.

I overestimated the tier 3 TV rights by over 100% to give you a break. Even granting you 5 million a year makes your arguments idiotic.

Please oh great academic - Who has told us in this very thread that UConn would be 20 million under water by sharing Tier 3. Please put an estimated number down for what UConn gets paid for tier 3 TV rights today.

I wrote $500k MORE. But you can't read so it doesn't matter.

You're an idiot.

And by the way, the talk from the MWC and Boise is not about Tier 3 rights. It's tier 2 and 3.

But you're slow, which explains your hatred for more learned people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wrote $500k MORE. But you can't read so it doesn't matter.

You're an idiot.

And by the way, the talk from the MWC and Boise is not about Tier 3 rights. It's tier 2 and 3.

But you're slow, which explains your hatred for more learned people.

God can you answer the question to prove your stupidity? What are UConn's tier 3 TV right worth? Asked three times - how about an answer. Give us a number oh learned one. Is it the 20 million you claimed they would be underwater? Is it the 15 million you retreated to?

Every conference pools tier 2 Tv rights - I can't even imagine what your new point is.

You are lost. Totally and completely lost.

Why don't you just stick to bitching about Big 10 refs for your beloved Penn State. It is no surprise that someone as clueless as you is tied to that institution. Just the living embodiment of stupidity and arrogance cloaked in 'learned'. At least your stupidity is hopefully contained to internet message boards - your brethren managed to do real damage with theirs.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Ummm....if your prediction of never playing a single game in the nbe were to come true, that would mean that we would be in another conference by the fall of 2013 (next year). Do you honestly believe that? Even if we are selected by another conference, you don't think we'd have to play out next year's schedule in football?

I'm pretty sure most football schedules for the conferences are already spelled out. I'd be shocked if we DIDN'T play a game in the NBE, even though I think that we have a great deal of value that the biggest five conferences are currently looking at...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ummm....if your prediction of never playing a single game in the nbe were to come true, that would mean that we would be in another conference by the fall of 2013 (next year). Do you honestly believe that? Even if we are selected by another conference, you don't think we'd have to play out next year's schedule in football?

I'm pretty sure most football schedules for the conferences are already spelled out. I'd be shocked if we DIDN'T play a game in the NBE, even though I think that we have a great deal of value that the biggest five conferences are currently looking at...

This is why I made the joke when the schedule came out that it's cute that they think they know who is in the league. If Boise sticks with MWC are they going to leave for one year and play a season in the Big East and go back?

Would be humorous if Boise came for one year and won the last BCS bid.

Reaction Score
Here was UConn's 2012 tier 3 football inventory I believe.

UMass
Temple

NCSU and Buffalo were Tier 2. Pitt and Cinci were Tier 1.

What are the rights to televise UConn/UMass and UConn/Temple worth you think?

How much of that 25 million was for the rights to two awful football games?
at least $10M each...

Reaction Score
God can you answer the question to prove your stupidity? What are UConn's tier 3 TV right worth? Asked three times - how about an answer. Give us a number oh learned one. Is it the 20 million you claimed they would be underwater? Is it the 15 million you retreated to?

Every conference pools tier 2 Tv rights - I can't even imagine what your new point is.

You are lost. Totally and completely lost.

Why don't you just stick to bitching about Big 10 refs for your beloved Penn State. It is no surprise that someone as clueless as you is tied to that institution. Just the living embodiment of stupidity and arrogance cloaked in 'learned'. At least your stupidity is hopefully contained to internet message boards - your brethren managed to do real damage with theirs.

Every conference pools 2nd tier rights. Except for the fact the MWC is discussing not pooling 2nd tier rights. Follow along, you're way behind.

And sorry I made fun of your intelligence. I shouldn't have done that. It's an unkind thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom