Uconn ladies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our rebounding is a major problem in our inability to run the break, but not the only problem. Our guards (Boat and Bazz, but especially Boat) have tunnel vision and can't find the finishers or try to go solo and ignore them. If we get a rebound, neither AB nor PN can make an outlet pass. Plus the finishers don't exactly fill the lanes so they can receive a pass. My point is the womens team knows how to run the break and I guess your 5 guys know how to run the break as well. So how come we have so much trouble executing a break ? It's more than rebounding. After watching so many missed opportunities generated from steals and turnovers, it was a pleasure to watch the women do this successfully the other night.

Please do me a favor and give this up………they are excellent the women……..they play against teams who aren't half as good as them and some are ranked #4-#6…….figure it out Hugo…….there is NO comparison!! Parity and competition are the reason, you can't compare! No shot………..

Enjoy the women they are fun to watch, against crappy, slow women players!

Reaction Score
Wrong place Hugo…….

I have 5 guys that are over 50 here who could run the break vs most of the teams they play against, flawlessly………..they have 2 girls that are the equal of 7 footers in the mens game getting every rebound so they are able to run……….if you want to say we have trouble running because we don't rebound as well, you are correct. But if we had arguably the 2 best "7 footers" in mens college basketball I'm guessing our fast break gets a lot better quick!

Shouldn't compare MBB to WBB..because the talent differential between the Uconn women and the rest makes it easier to run a break.

But don't disparage the women's game either. Those 50 year old guys would get slaughtered by any team the women play.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't compare MBB to WBB..because the talent differential between the Uconn women and the rest makes it easier to run a break.

But don't disparage the women's game either. Those 50 year old guys would get slaughtered by any team the women play.

Wrong - I know I could score 25-30 and get 10 rebounds at 54 and 30lbs overweight vs 80% of who they play NOW……..no kidding either!!! I'm not disparaging I'm being truthful……..

Reaction Score
Wrong - I know I could score 25-30 and get 10 rebounds at 54 and 30lbs overweight vs 80% of who they play NOW……..no kidding either!!! I'm not disparaging I'm being truthful……..

Very doubtful. At 54 years of age they would run you into the ground before you could score 25-30. Against UConn I would be willing to bet you wouldn't score 15 with 5 rebounds. I don't mean to disparage your basketball skills but at the age of 54 you wouldn't have the legs to keep up. I played at a fairly high level but when I was 54 there was no way I could compete with the current UConn women. Again, don't mean to disparage your current bball skills.

Reaction Score
Very doubtful. At 54 years of age they would run you into the ground before you could score 25-30. Against UConn I would be willing to bet you wouldn't score 15 with 5 rebounds. I don't mean to disparage your basketball skills but at the age of 54 you wouldn't have the legs to keep up. I played at a fairly high level but when I was 54 there was no way I could compete with the current UConn women. Again, don't mean to disparage your current bball skills.

Not the UConn women they would eat me up now……..but many of the others not an issue……..exaggerating a bit, yeah because even USF and few others are okay but some teams were God awful………..

Point being let's not compare their fast break vs the inept teams they play to the mens's ability to fast break……..it's the furthest thing from apples-to-apples comparison!

Reaction Score
I think this thread is a perfect opportunity for an appearance by our testicular Latino friend..

Reaction Score
Not the UConn women they would eat me up now……..but many of the others not an issue……..exaggerating a bit, yeah because even USF and few others are okay but some teams were God awful………..

Point being let's not compare their fast break vs the inept teams they play to the mens's ability to fast break……..it's the furthest thing from apples-to-apples comparison!

Understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32