UConn isn't the only school ESPN diss | The Boneyard

UConn isn't the only school ESPN diss

Reaction Score

No mention of Maryland/DePaul for Friday in the Fort Myers Tip-Off. This game just happens to have WNBA projected top 5 players in the next two drafts in Diamond Miller and Aneesah Morrow.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t think either the Big East or Big 10 conferences have ESPN contracts. UConn is stuck in the Fox Sports hinterlands, like Maryland with the Fox owned Big Ten Network

Reaction Score
If they're promoting games accessible via FloHoops, why can't they reference the games and leave people to look up broadcast details on their own?

I see it as no different than how they list the games on their schedule page when games are not broadcasted on their networks (eg. BTN, FloHoops, free live streams, etc.).

Reaction Score
I don’t think either the Big East or Big 10 conferences have ESPN contracts. UConn is stuck in the Fox Sports hinterlands, like Maryland with the Fox owned Big Ten Network
Does the FOX main channel ever broadcast UConn games or is it just the FOX1 sports cable channel?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Does the FOX main channel ever broadcast UConn games or is it just the FOX1 sports cable channel?
Some “lesser” games are shown on SNY, which used to be known as the home of the NY Yankees (yuck) and is local to the CT-NY area. In order for out of staters to see the games, it needs to be streamed, hence the post tacked to the top of the UConn board. The Texas and NC State games were on FS1 which, thankfully, is in my cable package but other folks that don’t have it, or don’t have cable, needed to stream the game. The streaming can be hit or miss and it can freeze up occasionally.

As much as UConn fans complain about ESPN, at least most can see the games with good production quality.

Reaction Score
Some games “lesser” games are shown on SNY, which used to be known as the home of the NY Yankees (yuck) and is local to the CT-NY area. In order for out of staters to see the games, it needs to be streamed, hence the post tacked to the top of the UConn board. The Texas and NC State games were on FS1 which, thankfully, is in my cable package but other folks that don’t have it, or don’t have cable, needed to stream the game. The streaming can be hit or miss and it can freeze up occasionally.

As much as UConn fans complain about ESPN, at least most can see the games with good production quality.
Fortunately, we can get SNY here in central Maryland.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some “lesser” games are shown on SNY, which used to be known as the home of the NY Yankees (yuck) and is local to the CT-NY area. In order for out of staters to see the games, it needs to be streamed, hence the post tacked to the top of the UConn board. The Texas and NC State games were on FS1 which, thankfully, is in my cable package but other folks that don’t have it, or don’t have cable, needed to stream the game. The streaming can be hit or miss and it can freeze up occasionally.

SNY is Mets, YES is Yankees. FWIW

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom