UConn is the only school in the nation… | The Boneyard

UConn is the only school in the nation…

Reaction Score
UCONN has another record that no other college,men or women has in basketball. They are the only university that has won the National Championship and they have done it twice. No other school has done it once. They did it in 2004 and 10 years later , they did it in 2014. GO HUSKIES!!!

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
UCONN has another record that no other college,men or women has in basketball. They are the only university that has won the National Championship and they have done it twice. No other school has done it once. They did it in 2004 and 10 years later , they did it in 2014. GO HUSKIES!!!
which means we should expect a repeat performance in 2024.. :)

Reaction Score
which means we should expect a repeat performance in 2024.. :)
Based on what's happening now and barring any major injuries, it's starting to feel that way.....:)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Star Wars Doom GIF

Reaction Score

UConn's prominence in basketball and growing prominence in hockey is one of the reasons why I believe BIG should be interested in adding UConn, and our best fit among Power 5 conferences. UConn's success in field hockey and soccer are also notable, although the FH team got knocked out of the Big East championship by Liberty (had no idea Liberty affiliated with BE FH). UConn is hosting this weekend's NCAA field hockey Final Four that features three BIG teams.

I believe the business term that's the appropriate analogy for BIG inviting UConn is that the Huskies athletics programs would be an accretive acquisition. Simply put, we would make the BIG stronger in many sports that are also important to them beyond football. After football, basketball is #2 revenue driver, men's hockey #3 and baseball #4. Softball is also growing fast, revenue-wise and women's hockey is a Title IX growing sport.

And this year one can argue UConn football is better than the bottom of the BIG, or at least not any worse (Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, Nebraska).

I can dream, can't I? Dave Benedict - keep working it!

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Based on what's happening now and barring any major injuries, it's starting to feel that way.....:)
I'm not one to break patterns , but I certainly wont complain if this very rear occurrence happens 2 years ahead of schedule, both teams appear to have a descent squads this year... So who knows?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, Michigan is ranked in the top 25 in MBB, WBB & men’s hockey. Not sure why a school with Michigan’s resources doesn’t have a better women’s hockey team, but they are currently outside the top 25.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm not one to break patterns , but I certainly wont complain if this very rear occurrence happens 2 years ahead of schedule, both teams appear to have a descent squads this year... So who knows?
Technically speaking, 2022 Champions have already been determined. Teams are currently competing for 2023 Titles. So, 2024 is only one year off, Title wise. And Paige and Azzi will finally be playing together for a full season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom