UCONN - Iowa post game | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UCONN - Iowa post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Each does her job remarkably well for what is needed for her team. That Caitlin shoots it at 45-47 percent considering all those difficult shots, I'd say she's a reasonable alternative.:rolleyes:
I think her percentage is helped by a lot of layups. And she is awfully accomplished at getting fouls called so even when she misses the shot the attempt gets erased with the foul.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think her percentage is helped by a lot of layups. And she is awfully accomplished at getting fouls called so even when she misses the shot the attempt gets erased with the foul.
You mean that she is great at flopping, correct?;)

Reaction Score
I would have loved to have a granddaughter. I have been blessed with three sons and five grandsons, the latest born three hours after the Texas game last Monday. God bless you for caring for that precious little girl, I know she will always remember you for your kindness and love.
Well said, Bald Husky. I have been blessed many times over doing all those things you talked about Carnac that little ones demand. These days, with the youngest in my extended family being adolescent great nieces and great nephews, it's just beautiful memories. Hang in there, Carnac, as Bald Husky so well said, that girl will carry your love with her forever.

Reaction Score
So you don't consider Caitlin Clark a reasonable alternative as a contributor for her team? Posters who love to discredit Caitlin should watch her play more often. If they still don't like her as a player, that's their prerogative.

Reaction Score
A smooth way to put it so you don't upset her UConn fans. Nice move. ;)

Reaction Score
So you don't consider Caitlin Clark a reasonable alternative as a contributor for her team?
not addressing "reasonable alternative" I just don't think of Clark as a high percentage shooter .... she gets bailed out of a lot of low percentage shots by fouls. Some players create shots, some create fouls. I thnk she is very good at doing both.

Reaction Score
My time is not my own now. We have a 3 year in our house
Hear you..
3 year old granddaughter here (we've adopted her).
TV here is "catch as catch can" (Or something like that ) , unless you want to catch Blue's Clues or Peppa Pig!
She's melted the remote, that I once ruled with an iron fist, right out of my hand!

Reaction Score
Carnac if you're waiting for Caroline to replace Lou you'll be waiting a long time. CD is
the perfect 6th man. Lou is a starter.

Reaction Score
Caitlin is awfully accomplished at getting fouls called so even when she misses the shot the attempt gets erased with the foul
Fouls, legitimate fouls which by the rules could be valid calls, are often not called by officials. Either because they missed them, or they've decided to "let them play" or a thousand other subjective mental processes. I can't blame a player for trying to help them out and make them adhere to rulebook calls in a particular instance.

I don't like flopping but I can't be judgmental about it. I've seen enough of Caitlin to think she doesn't do it to manufacture contact that doesn't exist; I'd like to think she feels actually fouled and is just responding in an exaggerated manner to make it clear what (she thinks) has actually happened. If a player cheats in that respect the official can make a judgement.

Many (probably most) players probably feel that officiating error of this kind is just part of the game and that fouls called/not-called pretty much even out over the long run; they just get on with their lives without drama. I like that; I think that's generally part of the UConn way (though at times we can flop with the best of them).

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Fouls, legitimate fouls which by the rules could be valid calls, are often not called by officials. Either because they missed them, or they've decided to "let them play" or a thousand other subjective mental processes. I can't blame a player for trying to help them out and make them adhere to rulebook calls in a particular instance.

I don't like flopping but I can't be judgmental about it. I've seen enough of Caitlin to think she doesn't do it to manufacture contact that doesn't exist; I'd like to think she feels actually fouled and is just responding in an exaggerated manner to make it clear what (she thinks) has actually happened. If a player cheats in that respect the official can make a judgement.

Many (probably most) players probably feel that officiating error of this kind is just part of the game and that fouls called/not-called pretty much even out over the long run; they just get on with their lives without drama. I like that; I think that's generally part of the UConn way (though at times we can flop with the best of them).

I watched the Portugal v Uruguay World Cup game this afternoon. The entire game there were flopping fish all over the pitch. Second half had 9 minutes of stoppage time.

I can be judgemental about flopping. It's a detriment to the flow of the game and just a poor look. The fact that officials in basketball fall for it too much is bad for the game. Officials in Pro soccer seem to have gotten past that "for the most part", letting the fish flop and play on. But, because the tactic occasionally gets a call it persists and I fear that the "exaggerated reaction" will only get worse in WCBB to the games detriment.

But that's my opinion, Your's can vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer