UConn in the WNBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

Reaction Score
The Storm actually asked the league about this technicality, but Gabby is healthy and played Wednesday so she should be officially ineligible to sign this season.

Drat. Was looking forward to seeing her with this new version of the Storm.

Reaction Score

It still amazes me that any pro coach would overlook a UConn player. Whatever Geno and CD do translates very well into the WNBA. The proof is in the rosters. Even Huskies that are hurt/pregnant/rehabbing don't usually get cut because they are a to valuable to waive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At this point, Dorka and Evina are on a roster, though there may be cuts to come.

Christyn is not physically able to play, Gabby may be ruled out, and Tina is unsigned.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
According to my info, here are the Huskies in the W:

Diana, Tiff, Stef, Kiah, Stewie, Mo, Kia, Lou, Phee, Azura, Crystal, Liv, Evina, Dorka, Lou.

Lou I is out on maternity leave; Lou II is out for surgery, recovery, and rehab. We should see LLS in late July or so.

Players who may land with a team over the course of the season: Tina, Bria, Gabby, Christyn.

Did I forget anyone?

Recently retired: Sue, Kaleena.

Reaction Score
I'm a little concerned about Tina. Despite being a great basketball player, 5 teams in 12 years (3 teams in what, the last 3 years?) is not a good track record. She might get signed to one of those short term contracts to fill in a roster because that's sort of what she's been doing lately. And her age will start to work against her, the clock is ticking...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom