UConn in the NFL | Page 86 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> “I have a big vision for Travis,” coach John Harbaugh said recently. “He and I have talked about it — a really big vision. I really have high expectations for Travis Jones to have one of those years that is going to be memorable. I believe that’s going to happen this year; I’m looking forward to it.”

You won’t hear any such proclamations from Jones, who’s about as hype-averse and inwardly motivated as anyone on the roster. But he cares quite a bit that one of the NFL’s longest-tenured coaches sees so much possibility in him.

“It does mean a lot to me,” Jones said Friday. “Just seeing all the work that I’ve put in in the offseason paying off out there on the field. I’ve just got to keep doing it.”

You can’t miss No. 98, all 338 pounds of him stretched over a 6-foot-4 frame, striding purposefully onto the practice field. Since the day he joined the Ravens as a third-round draft pick out of UConn in 2022, Jones has tossed blockers like so many sacks of flour and done so with minimal chit-chat. “They don’t make too many like him,” fellow lineman Michael Pierce said after a few weeks of observing the rookie Jones. <-

Reaction Score
I don't like the Ravens, but For Travis that's a huge place to be as a defensive player. And to get that sort of praise from John is nothing to scoff at.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

-> The 6-foot-3, 317-pound Haynes pushed Quinton Bohanna, Tennessee’s 6-4, 360-pound defensive tackle, to the ground in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. Then Haynes pushed Bohanna again, while he was down. Bohanna didn’t like that. The fourth-year veteran got to his feet and charged at Haynes. They went nose to nose, yelling and pointing at each other. In his next rep, Haynes threw down Titans defensive tackle Marlon Davidson, a fourth-year pro. <-

-> What has Haynes been telling his former college teammates at the University of Connecticut who aspire to play in the NFL about life in the league? “Just, it’s a grind,” he said.

“It’s, like you have to be confident in your game, but also you’ve got a lot of communication aspects. You have to know what you’re doing, what everybody else is doing, as well, so everybody can move as one. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom