OT: - UCONN in the Movies | The Boneyard

OT: UCONN in the Movies

Reaction Score
I find it difficult to believe this hasn't been discussed already but I searched and didn't see anything. Anyway, while channel surfing, I happened upon the Hallmark movie "Two Tickets to Paradise." [Please don't judge me, it took a lot of courage to admit that addiction.] It's new this month so many mat not have seen it. Everything I saw has no relevance here except that very early on there's a scene where the bride leaves the groom at the alter. So what you ask. So the bride is wearing a UCONN sweatshirt, that's what.

I have to believe that the success of the women's BB team is the reason that sweatshirt is in that shot.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not a movie but there was a Cheers episode where Rebecca (Kirstie Alley) wore a UConn sweatshirt

Rebecca Howe - Wikipedia

Rebecca Howe is first seen at Cheers as the manager assigned by the bar's new corporate franchise owner, the Lillian Corporation. Elements of her back story are revealed over several years. She was born in San Diego, one of four children. Rebecca's father (Robert Prosky) is an ex-Navy man and her mother was a concert cellist. Rebecca's sister Susan (Marcia Cross) is an actress and former Miss San Diego who has stolen her past boyfriends. Revealed in "The Last Angry Mailman" (1987), Rebecca was nicknamed "Backseat Becky" for her behavior as a party girl while at the University of Connecticut. In her early appearances, Rebecca appears as a confident, cool and collected businesswoman. Her behavior slowly becomes neurotic as the series progresses and her competent and driven façade crumbles away entirely by the series' end.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I find it difficult to believe this hasn't been discussed already but I searched and didn't see anything. Anyway, while channel surfing, I happened upon the Hallmark movie "Two Tickets to Paradise." [Please don't judge me, it took a lot of courage to admit that addiction.] It's new this month so many mat not have seen it. Everything I saw has no relevance here except that very early on there's a scene where the bride leaves the groom at the alter. So what you ask. So the bride is wearing a UCONN sweatshirt, that's what.

I have to believe that the success of the women's BB team is the reason that sweatshirt is in that shot.
I am a Hallmark fan or more accurately I was but it is hard to stay one since their movies are so cookie cutter but I did see that one and the back story was she was a UConn graduate. Does nothing for the plot but there it is.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
references to connecticut in general appear frequently is those movies.
probably because some writers/re-writers or producer types have fond memories of us.

course it could just be due to the state's rep for outstanding greatness

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
More TV, Kristen Stewart on SNL

3DD63329-983C-4704-8058-C47AEF35CB27.jpg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I'm also addicted to Hallmark and the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channels. I watched it, if I remember correctly the bride to be was Jhey Castles and she played Alice. My wife doesn't understand my addiction to Hallmark or the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channels, I tell her it's better than most stations on the TV nowdays.

Reaction Score
I posted this in 2019. Not a movie, but a book:

John Sandford is one of my favorite authors and I have been reading his “Prey” series, featuring Lucas Davenport, for years. I’ve read most of the books in the series. Lucas is one bad dude (detective) with an interesting story line. In the latest book (Golden Prey) one of the main characters is one pretty cool and tall female US Marshall. Her name is Rae Givens. She is no joke and as she was giving Lucas a little of her background, she said she was a decent college basketball player that played at... guess where? Yep, UConn! I know it’s fiction but, nonetheless pretty cool when you see that in the book of a famous author.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can’t decide if Leslie Uggams wore a UConn sweatshirt in Deadpool. This is the only picture I could find

5F3A8D4B-E124-44E8-9EAD-559C20523207.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ted Knight wore a UConn sweatshirt on one episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show.
He is from Terryville, CT. They actually have a Ted Knight Memorial Bridge there. Friends of mine used to live in Terryville, and the first time they gave me directions to their condo they sent me over that bridge, just because. It's very small and very funny that it even exists. I have had a few clients and other acquaintances from Terryville since and not one of them had heard of it until I told them about it.

Reaction Score
Ted Knight wore a UConn sweatshirt on one episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show.
Hmmm....I’m not disagreeing with you - I just don’t recall him wearing a sweat shirt on MTM. However, he had another show called Too Close For Comfort where he wore a different college sweat shirt on almost every episode. Of course my memory’s so bad I don’t remember him wearing a UConn sweat shirt on that show either.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if this qualifies or not, but Mike Golic has appeared on tv several times in UConn garb (after losing yet another bet to Rebecca Lobo).

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Hmmm....I’m not disagreeing with you - I just don’t recall him wearing a sweat shirt on MTM. However, he had another show called Too Close For Comfort where he wore a different college sweat shirt on almost every episode. Of course my memory’s so bad I don’t remember him wearing a UConn sweat shirt on that show either.
You may be right, because I do recall a show when he did wear a different college sweatshirt on different shows. Good one.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kevin Hart didn’t wake a UConn shirt but one of his friends did. This is from 10 years ago. LANGUAGE WARNING

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom