UConn in the final eight for Austin Swartz | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn in the final eight for Austin Swartz

Reaction Score
Tell me about it! I grew up a Red Sox fan. And once they got better, the other guys didn't want to play anymore.
Same. Four Days In October changed the landscape forever and took souls.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
The Smokin Pig in SC on the way to Clemson U, only open Thurs Fri & Sat. I hunt for BBQ when venturing south and this place is always great. Worth trying if you are in the area & if you have already been, you know.

Reaction Score
@huskiesNhoos @Waquoit

My wife grew up in western NC and went to school at UNC--eastern nc sauce territory. Western sauce is the way to go in her opinion, and I've gotta agree. There's so little sweetness to the eastern style and the vinegar is overpowering to me. I'm sensitive to acidity I guess. I've probably been to 50 bbq places in NC from Asheville to Wilmington.

Common misconception is that western style doesn't have vinegar. They all have vinegar, it's just got that sweetness and red color from the ketchup. Some are closer to 50/50 ketchup and vinegar, others probably closer to 90/10, it just depends on the spot.

Only thing I don't really like about western is some people chop it up so much it has the consistency of applesauce. I'll often ask for a light chop. Lexington is famous for their western style bbq, but I can't stand it because of the texture. Makes me feel like I'm in an old folks home.

My wife's been a vegetarian for 17 years and still gets fighting mad if folks say beef is bbq. The only thing that should be bbq is pork shoulder (whole hog is acceptable).

Anyone in NC--especially anywhere west of Hickory--hit me up. I've got recs.
Beef is 1000% bbq lol. Brisket is king

Reaction Score
Tell me about it! I grew up a Red Sox fan. And once they got better, the other guys didn't want to play anymore.
By the time they got better all their real fans had died or were about to.............

Reaction Score
With that being said, Austin Swartz has scheduled eleven official visits.
  • Indiana: August 18-20
  • Providence August 21-25
  • Miami: August 25-27
  • Providence August 28-31
  • Georgia: September 1-3
  • Providence September 4-7
  • Florida State: September 8-10
  • Providence September 11-18
  • UConn: September 18-22
  • Providence September 23-28
  • Virginia Tech: September 29-October 1
Probably needs multiple visits to help him understand why he chose to visit them in the first place.................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom