UConn in the final eight for Austin Swartz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in the final eight for Austin Swartz

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. Scheduled to be on campus for 5 partial or full days.

He’ll have plenty of time to see how well structured the team and staff is along with hitting the usual recruiting joints…Capital Grille, Dairy Barn, Blaze, local car washes, campus urinals, etc.
Dairy Bar...

Reaction Score
Right, because I definitely didn’t just hit the wrong number. They want this guy so badly, they’re breaking all the rules and getting all the sanctions.
Six visits listed, only five can be official so I guess ours is unofficial.

Reaction Score
Anytime we get in with a top 50 kid and we are the big dogs in the final list (no kentucky, kansas, duke or UNC) I love it. I cannot believe the way this class is coming together. Really had not thought of this kid ever but looking at the final list have to think we have at least a decent chance
A decent chance until Providence swoops in...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On the other hand, punching down is the whole point of sports rivalries.
Tell me about it! I grew up a Red Sox fan. And once they got better, the other guys didn't want to play anymore.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"20 minutes" is the most annoying thing on this board, so if the PC joke replaces it I'm all in

It probably will, in like 20 minutes...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s vocally against vinegar based bbq sauce
@huskiesNhoos @Waquoit

My wife grew up in western NC and went to school at UNC--eastern nc sauce territory. Western sauce is the way to go in her opinion, and I've gotta agree. There's so little sweetness to the eastern style and the vinegar is overpowering to me. I'm sensitive to acidity I guess. I've probably been to 50 bbq places in NC from Asheville to Wilmington.

Common misconception is that western style doesn't have vinegar. They all have vinegar, it's just got that sweetness and red color from the ketchup. Some are closer to 50/50 ketchup and vinegar, others probably closer to 90/10, it just depends on the spot.

Only thing I don't really like about western is some people chop it up so much it has the consistency of applesauce. I'll often ask for a light chop. Lexington is famous for their western style bbq, but I can't stand it because of the texture. Makes me feel like I'm in an old folks home.

My wife's been a vegetarian for 17 years and still gets fighting mad if folks say beef is bbq. The only thing that should be bbq is pork shoulder (whole hog is acceptable).

Anyone in NC--especially anywhere west of Hickory--hit me up. I've got recs.

Reaction Score
Is that the mustard one?
No, the mustard-based one is good at least on pork and chicken. Found a lot in South Carolina. I like vinegar as much as the next person but the Eastern Carolina stuff is just saturated in it. Ruins it in my opinion. At least give me the option of how much I want but they pre-soak the heck out of it.

Reaction Score
Lol, thanks for noticing!

As far as I'm concerned, the whole "Providence has as good a chance as anyone" should become a Boneyard meme. Everybody should feel free to throw it out there whenever circumstances permit.
With that being said, Austin Swartz has scheduled eleven official visits.
  • Indiana: August 18-20
  • Providence August 21-25
  • Miami: August 25-27
  • Providence August 28-31
  • Georgia: September 1-3
  • Providence September 4-7
  • Florida State: September 8-10
  • Providence September 11-18
  • UConn: September 18-22
  • Providence September 23-28
  • Virginia Tech: September 29-October 1

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No, the mustard-based one is good at least on pork and chicken.
That sounds right. It was so long ago I forget where but I remember having a mustard-based with pulled pork that I loved.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming they got these visits directly from Swartz.

With that being said, Austin Swartz has scheduled six official visits.
  • Indiana: August 18-20
  • Miami: August 25-27
  • Georgia: September 1-3
  • Florida State: September 8-10
  • UConn: September 18-22
  • Virginia Tech: September 29-October 1
We get the last shot to make an impression. I like that.

Reaction Score
@huskiesNhoos @Waquoit

My wife grew up in western NC and went to school at UNC--eastern nc sauce territory. Western sauce is the way to go in her opinion, and I've gotta agree. There's so little sweetness to the eastern style and the vinegar is overpowering to me. I'm sensitive to acidity I guess. I've probably been to 50 bbq places in NC from Asheville to Wilmington.

Common misconception is that western style doesn't have vinegar. They all have vinegar, it's just got that sweetness and red color from the ketchup. Some are closer to 50/50 ketchup and vinegar, others probably closer to 90/10, it just depends on the spot.

Only thing I don't really like about western is some people chop it up so much it has the consistency of applesauce. I'll often ask for a light chop. Lexington is famous for their western style bbq, but I can't stand it because of the texture. Makes me feel like I'm in an old folks home.

My wife's been a vegetarian for 17 years and still gets fighting mad if folks say beef is bbq. The only thing that should be bbq is pork shoulder (whole hog is acceptable).

Anyone in NC--especially anywhere west of Hickory--hit me up. I've got recs.
Don't get me wrong I'll eat western bbq but I'm all about eastern style. Its kinda sad but I really miss Smithfield's...prolly the only fast food spot (other than the occasional Bojangles) that I'd eat at

I've been to the bbq festival in Lexington a few times and definitely agree it was underwhelming. There's a spot in Durham - Picnic - that I make my brother bring us too whenever I visit. Lucky 32 is another favorite of mine in that area. And of course the pit is always awesome

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom