UConn in the ACC - Virginia Tech forum | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn in the ACC - Virginia Tech forum

Reaction Score
The other side of the coin to Big Ten's apparent public inconsistency is, for example... If you've had to reject the overtures from respected schools and colleagues, you know your every word will be analyzed on the subject in the future. It's just easier to let others down gracefully. If that means you have to overplay the AAU and other requirements in public, so be it. "It's not you, it's me."

Reaction Score
I replied to a post about looking good in the southeast...my post is straight up and irrefutable...I said not only the southeast.

Now, if it pains you enough to read of another conference's relative success, so much so that you have to get ugly, I think you have issues.

Reaction Score
Nobody would believe that the ACC added Louisville for their academics...and no one would believe that the Big Ten added Rutgers for their athletic prowess.

Needs were filled.

Reaction Score
Another academic d*** measuring thread. Awezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the best spot for this, but even Chuck Todd finds it strange that the ACC tournament is played at Barclays that doesn't have a school within 200 miles of Brooklyn...

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is the best spot for this, but even Chuck Todd finds it strange that the ACC tournament is played at Barclays that doesn't have a school within 200 miles of Brooklyn...

Swofford's take:

"
“I think it’s important for the league going forward to continue to have some rotation that touches the entire footprint to some degree,” Swofford said during a one-on-one interview Tuesday as the tournament debuted at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. “And by that I’m talking about the southern part, the Mid-Atlantic and the northeast part, because we’re a league now that runs the entire Eastern Seaboard.

Reaction Score
If the P5 were ranked on academic rankings using the USNWR....(yeah, I know folks will trot out other indexes and this one favors undergraduate educational programs over research).

The Top 25 would be....

1...Stanford
2...Duke
3...Northwestern
4...Notre Dame
5...Vanderbilt
6...Cal
7...Southern Cal
8...UCLA
9...Virginia
10...Michigan
11...Wake Forest
12...North Carolina
13...Boston College
14...Georgia Tech
15...Illinois
16...Miami
17...Wisconsin
18...Penn State
19...Florida
20...Ohio State
21...Washington
22...Georgia
23...Texas
24...Purdue
25...Syracuse
Why isn't there an * after unc. I.e. Includes grades in fake classes for athletes

Reaction Score
The best option in big 10. Use shy to prove our market strength in ny. Forget acc our be friends have turned their backs on us more tha onc and the original acc have their noses in the air

Reaction Score
It's more than a "hole" - it is the whole eastern seaboard from D.C. north. Who the cares about BC (even in Boston)?

This. While southerners likely enjoy the opportunity to visit Boston every other year, there are not 10 ,000 people in all of NY and New England that care one lick about BC.

Next to crop circles, BC in a P5 is life's greatest mystery.

Reaction Score
Boston is indeed a nice place to visit in the fall....as someone mentioned above, for us southerners.

It beats the heck out of Miami, Tallahassee, Clemson, Syracuse, Gainesville and Louisville (if not for the Bourbon Trail and countryside).....Raleigh-Durham, Roanoke, Charlottesville are all nice to visit in the Fall.

It's like having a tournament in NYC instead of Greensboro (freekin' Greensboro!)....there is a "there" there.

Reaction Score
The city of Syracuse sucks, but there's plenty around in upstate NY.

Reaction Score
Is Carolina the only school in the rankings to have an academic scandal stain their image?

UNC has taken the definition of academic scandal to a new level. Are you implying that Carolina is not guilty by association?

Reaction Score
Is Carolina the only school in the rankings to have an academic scandal stain their image?

I believe Carolina might be the only school with so many adults from academia and athletics doing what they knew was dead wrong (some out of fear) for a couple decades.

Last edited:

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
Pesky for whom?

For the future of your misbegotten* sports league.

*"Misbegotten" felt right here, but I had to look it up to be sure. 1. Badly conceived, designed, or planned. 2. Contemptible. Yep, it fits!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom