Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So what does our pitching look like tomorrow?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Umps absolutely hurt, but the offense wasted some great opportunities and let the 2nd OU pitcher get sway with middle middle fastballs all night. All of our pitchers except Coe (and I guess Quinn) were amazing tonight.

Reaction Score
So what does our pitching look like tomorrow?
In an ideal world 5 from Van Emon and then 4 between Quinn and Afthim, probably 2 each. If something goes wrong early you probably go to Sullivan first then Schiid if he's available. I'm sure Coe will try to talk his way into an inning since he "only" threw 62 pitches tonight

Reaction Score
That was on the bats. Left the bases full the first two innings, and then had chance after chance to go back in front with one damn run and got nothing done, while making an iffy bullpen arm look like Tom Seaver.

Van Emon and Sullivan will have to eat up innings, and wouldn’t shook me to see Cooke get the ball for 2 innings. But we’re not going to hold them to 3 or 4 runs. They’ve used a lot of pitchers too. We have to be able to score more runs.

Reaction Score
That was on the bats. Left the bases full the first two innings, and then had chance after chance to go back in front with one damn run and got nothing done, while making an iffy bullpen arm look like Tom Seaver.

Van Emon and Sullivan will have to eat up innings, and wouldn’t shook me to see Cooke get the ball for 2 innings. But we’re not going to hold them to 3 or 4 runs. They’ve used a lot of pitchers too. We have to be able to score more runs.
Van Emon will get the start. Everyone’s available tomorrow including Coe and Quigley in my opinion. 5th and 6th year guys with nothing to lose. Empty the tanks boys.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Every year I’ve tried to follow this team and this year, they just didn’t seem to have it so I paid less attention. Then they sneak in and run off two wins. Hoping like hell they can finally win a regional.

Reaction Score
Every year I’ve tried to follow this team and this year, they just didn’t seem to have it so I paid less attention. Then they sneak in and run off two wins. Hoping like hell they can finally win a regional.
They won a regional 2 years ago

Since 2010, UConn has won 2 regionals in the 10 NCAA Tourneys that they have been in.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
ESPN currently lists Monday’s game at 9PM ET on ESPN2
My ESPN guide via DirectTV Stream, and the ESPN.com website list the game on ESPN+. But is also lists Panthers @ Rangers Game 7 on ESPN, so who knows?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They won a regional 2 years ago
Since 2010, UConn has won 2 regionals in the 10 NCAA Tourneys that they have been in.
Yes, I know, but I thought last years team had a shot at it. Simply saying this team I didn't expect to pull it off.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
My ESPN guide via DirectTV Stream, and the ESPN.com website list the game on ESPN+. But is also lists Panthers @ Rangers Game 7 on ESPN, so who knows?
It’s supposed to be on ESPN2.
IMG_3289.jpeg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Calling you out for what you are: lame. Let me guess : that double ripped up the alley was the umps fault. You’re a fool. Enjoy the game. Haha
Some newbie people like you make this space intolerable at times
He's talking about the calls on many UConn pitches which were obvious strikes and called balls. Penders had a problem with many of the calls so I guess he is in the "lame" category also.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I want a win big time tonight. That said, the first 2 games of this regional they played virtually perfect baseball. Last night, resorted to the mean and it still took Oklahoma to get us in the 8th inning despite everything. I hope Van Emon can channel his inner Colby Dunlop, who gave us a great winning start in 2019 in the NCAA tournament against Nebraska after a yo yo regular season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom