Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Totally agree. They get the high strikes and Coe doesn’t
Coe has gotten squeezed once or twice but that was not one his better efforts. wasn’t aggressive at all. Fastball/change up chest high it’s a matter of time before they get to him. Not going to blame the umpire.

very disappointing to see that performance tonight. Could tell from the start where that was headed.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is it me or are we pitching to a smaller strike zone than they're pitching to?
They’re getting called strikes at the ankles Coe had to put it right down the middle at the belt to maybe get a call

Reaction Score
Great pitch to strikeout glasses. Instead the ump doesn't have the sack to call him out and glasses goes yard

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Ump has been fine both ways.

Coe doesn’t have the stuff to survive on the road against this team without location, and he was erratic tonight.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Still a long game to go but need our pitching to get it together.

Reaction Score
Top 3rd, Coe issues a leadoff walk, his 3rd walk of the game so far. A 1 out 2 run homer ties the game at 3.

After the homer, Coe issues a 1 out walk. Coe comes out of the game. Ellisen takes the mound.

Top 3rd, Ellisen hits the 1st batter he faces. A double play ends the inning, game tied at 3.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Coe has gotten squeezed once or twice but that was not one his better efforts. wasn’t aggressive at all. Fastball/change up chest high it’s a matter of time before they get to him. Not going to blame the umpire.

very disappointing to see that performance tonight. Could tell from the start where that was headed.
Yes. Most of his misses (especially ahead in the count) weren't close. The call that led to my post was the two strike take, a couple pitches before the home run, was better than two similar pitches that were called strikes on our batter, on the outside black, waist high to RH hitters.

Reaction Score
Nice to get out of that inning. Five free passes and 0 for 2 with bases loaded not the way to beat OU

Reaction Score
And give OK hitters credit for laying off the stuff just off the plate. I didn’t think Coe was squeezed. He was just missing and the hitters were incredibly disciplined.

Reaction Score
Yes. Most of his misses (especially ahead in the count) weren't close. The call that led to my post was the two strike take, a couple pitches before the home run, was better than two similar pitches that were called strikes on our batter, on the outside black, waist high to RH hitters.
Yeah I agree with you. Just didn’t like Coe‘s body language, approach etc. Didn’t battle. I’m a big Coe fan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom