Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm ready for any pending announcement:

1569674345008.png

Reaction Score
Finally got a moment to watch the Westtown vs Albany tape and I agree with Thabeetdown's observations re Gaffney and Jackson. I just wanted to add a couple other points.

First, Gaffney was allowed to handle the ball at the top of the defense without much 'on ball' pressure. He initiated the offense or took a 3 without having to work hard. For that reason I never really got a feel for the PG vs 2G issue.

Jackson is a highlight reel in waiting, but he tries to hit some home run passes that don't work out. I think he probably had 4 - 5 passing turnovers. You take the bad with the good and you don't want to throttle down a kid's instincts when he can make great plays. At the same time, risk reward needs to be coached.

Noah Collier was much better in this game than when I saw him. He jumped much better, shot better, and generally surprised me. I hadn't seen anything before that interested me. He'll contribute at Pitt.

August Mahony going to Yale is just the kind of non athletic shooter that kills teams with great athletes that rely on their athleticism, reputations, and rankings.

Reaction Score
Its been a long time since back to back classes are looking so nice. Last good class I could remember was 2016 and we only have 2 of those players playing this year.

Reaction Score
Finally got a moment to watch the Westtown vs Albany tape and I agree with Thabeetdown's observations re Gaffney and Jackson. I just wanted to add a couple other points.

First, Gaffney was allowed to handle the ball at the top of the defense without much 'on ball' pressure. He initiated the offense or took a 3 without having to work hard. For that reason I never really got a feel for the PG vs 2G issue.

Jackson is a highlight reel in waiting, but he tries to hit some home run passes that don't work out. I think he probably had 4 - 5 passing turnovers. You take the bad with the good and you don't want to throttle down a kid's instincts when he can make great plays. At the same time, risk reward needs to be coached.

Noah Collier was much better in this game than when I saw him. He jumped much better, shot better, and generally surprised me. I hadn't seen anything before that interested me. He'll contribute at Pitt.

August Mahony going to Yale is just the kind of non athletic shooter that kills teams with great athletes that rely on their athleticism, reputations, and rankings.

I wanted to ask about Andre at least having a floater or mid range game but Thabeetdown mentioned maybe not according to the game he reviewed. I mean the kid has a ton of pluses checked off so I'm guessing he knows what he has to do in order to get himself to the next level after college and obviously working his shot is highest on the list. Hopefully he's prepared to do that starting now and through his college career. Even if he had Lambs floating ability it would be a major plus.

Reaction Score
this makes me happy

from an apparently plugged-in syracusefan.com poster:
Bulldog04 said:
"This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU......this isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound"

and in reply:
RF2044 said:
"same, unfortunately"

Reaction Score
this makes me happy

Bulldog04 said:
"This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU.this isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound"

and in reply:
RF2044 said:
"same, unfortunately"

And this would explain the crystal ball movement back in the summer to Cuse and also the grind Hurley and co put in on this:

Bulldog04 said:
Absolutely not Gerry’s fault on this one. He has had a relationship with him since 8th grade or so. The other part people don’t know is AJ made several silent commitments to Gerry in July and August. Not shedding any bad light on AJ here in any way Bc that’s not the case. But AJ was nervous to fully commit Bc he was interested in UConn and wanted to see it allll the way through. This absolutely is not about Gerry and what he didn’t do so please don’t go there.

Reaction Score
And this would explain the crystal ball movement back in the summer to Cuse and also the grind Hurley and co put in on this:

Bulldog04 said:
Absolutely not Gerry’s fault on this one. He has had a relationship with him since 8th grade or so. The other part people don’t know is AJ made several silent commitments to Gerry in July and August. Not shedding any bad light on AJ here in any way Bc that’s not the case. But AJ was nervous to fully commit Bc he was interested in UConn and wanted to see it allll the way through. This absolutely is not about Gerry and what he didn’t do so please don’t go there.
Gerry taking the L. You hate to see it.

Reaction Score
this makes me happy

Bulldog04 said:
"This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU.this isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound"

and in reply:
RF2044 said:
"same, unfortunately"

But then that Bulldog character says there's a good chance Isaiah Jackson picks Cuse. Not sure I can take him seriously...

Reaction Score

Bulldog04 said:
So basically Jackson changed his mind because of the Big East move? Goes to show just how quickly that changed the entire perception around our program..we just stole a cuse lock and life long cuse fan simply because we left the AAC lmao

Reaction Score
So basically Jackson changed his mind because of the Big East move? Goes to show just how quickly that changed the entire perception around our program..we just stole a cuse lock and life long cuse fan simply because we left the AAC lmao

I have no doubt we lose if still in the AAC. Huge move and timing for the staff to take advantage of. If this one does work out we can check the first Big East recruiting W, more to come with this staff.

I am sure GMac had to double down on his work as soon as he saw the UConn to the Big East news and hopefully he still fell short.

Reaction Score
If you read through that thread (which weeding through the toxicity is so painful) they say immediate playing time was a huge factor for Andre

Reaction Score
If you read through that thread (which weeding through the toxicity is so painful) they say immediate playing time was a huge factor for Andre
I did see that, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that Andre apparently gave cuse silent commit during the summer and then when the Big East news dropped his entire recruitment changed

pj

Reaction Score
I did see that, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that Andre apparently gave cuse silent commit during the summer and then when the Big East news dropped his entire recruitment changed

This has the timeline wrong. UConn announced the Big East move in June. Jackson gave Cuse silent verbals in July and August.

I think it was Hurley's surgery that made the difference. Jackson came for his visit and said, I want to play for the guy with a scar on his neck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This has the timeline wrong. UConn announced the Big East move in June. Jackson gave Cuse silent verbals in July and August.

I think it was Hurley's surgery that made the difference. Jackson came for his visit and said, I want to play for the guy with a scar on his neck.
When did the news break that we were moving in 2020 instead of 2021? That might line up better with the supposed timeline of events. Either way, this is an epic fail on Cuses part. This is their Hamidou

Reaction Score
When did the news break that we were moving in 2020 instead of 2021? That might line up better with the supposed timeline of events. Either way, this is an epic fail on Cuses part. This is their Hamidou
This is the important point. When we announced the move to the Big East, it was unclear when we'd join (though most of us hoped/expected in time for next year). Don't think it was until the end of July that we knew for sure. Did it play a significant role in Jackson's thinking? I have no idea, but it seems like the timing lines up with him reconsidering things.

Reaction Score
If this all happens and Thomas goes in another direction, we should put the full court press on Hassan Diarra for the last spot. Cole would be the only true PG and Diarra seems like he wants to come here. Just not sure if he will still be available in the spring...although I haven’t read many updates on his recruitment lately.

100% agree. This guy would be a big miss for us. I think he’s a perfect Dan Hurley guard. He’s tough, defends, and isn’t afraid of the moment. I’d be more than happy with a class of Diarra, Jackson, and Cardwell/Omoruyi

Reaction Score
All the Crystal Balls, , Fire Balls, etc. are great, but let's actually get the commitment before going on to the next player on the wish list. Kofi and Precious make me wary of what can happen.

Reaction Score
Silent verbal don’t mean much. My source at UConn told me we had a silent verbal from Precious and look how that worked out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom