UConn In Discussions With ACC? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn In Discussions With ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ban this troll

Banning is not allowed on the BY. Watch what happens once the season starts. Other team's fans know they can ruin every thread without fear of banishment. (banned to their mom's basement = banishment)

Reaction Score
Of course I'm kidding. They ACC has had many opportunities to grab UConn and hasn't. The ACC isn't moving until ND moves, even if it loses a couple of teams.

This thread popped up a couple of mornings ago and I said the ACC will explode on Tuesday and UConn will get the invite the following Tuesday.

Later on Tuesday a thread popped up saying "UConn to the ACC! THIS TIME I'M SERIOUS" or something of similar intellect to which I proceeded to gloat that I told you guys. It's one of my schticks along with "wait are you telling me that Clemson & FSU didn't go to the B12/11/10????"

I just find it hilarious that some toothless hillbilly in Morgantown that just received an AOL 3.0 (NOW WITH INSTANT MESSAGING!) disk in the mail can make some reference to UConn & the ACC and it gets hundreds and hundreds of posts on here and can cause hysteria at the SUNY-Piscataway board.

Its ok. Some of us don't care much for the ACC either. I just wish these kind of threads would stop. We should be worrying about football team right now, not some random rumor started by some guy from WVU.

Reaction Score
Banning is not allowed on the BY. Watch what happens once the season starts. Other team's fans know they can ruin every thread without fear of banishment. (banned to their mom's basement = banishment)

You think it's only other teams' fans that know they can ruin a thread?

Reaction Score
ban this troll
Nah, claver is okay. This board needs thickers skin and at times a better sense of humor.

There is one idiot that should be banned, but that's why we have the ignore button.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree. Claver seems decent enough. We all know about the "one idiot" that Samcro is referring to. I normally respond to his posts with a picture of a troll...:eek:

Reaction Score

I have wondered if there is some way that could make sense, but it just doesn't. ND could never give up all it's rivals to play a conference schedule, let alone a NBE schedule.

Reaction Score
As for ACC basketball? Well if you look at things like revenue, the ACC has actually been not #2, but actually #3, behind the Big EAst and Big 10. There's no guarantee that changes with the addition of PItt and Syracuse.

If UConn joined the ACC, the conference would lock down all the top talent in college basketball.

There'd be no point to B10 and SEC basketball.

Right now, UConn and Louisville are giving the BE the semblance of a good basketball league, but if one of those teams goes, it will be sad.

The ACC meanwhile is one blue chip away from owning all of college basketball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is a point to SEC basketball now?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
now this thread is getting good. just when it looked like it might lose some momentum, a ptown fan comes along to tell us that notre dame wants to play football with memphis and central florida instead of any other freaking league. god bless providence. what most here don't realize is that while we just assume if things blow up and the bball schools split that all the big east bball school will stay together. providence fans are extremely worried that the new bball league when formed one day will pick uri over providence on the accounts that providence has sucked donkey dick for a long time now and that uri has way better parties. not to mention providence is the real reason everything went wrong with the old big east years ago.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

We won't kill you, but honor dictates that you fall on your sword.

SMU. Memphis. Temple. Notre Dame.

One of these things is not like the other...

I'd obviously be fine with it, but no. Just no.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If UConn joined the ACC, the conference would lock down all the top talent in college basketball.

There'd be no point to B10 and SEC basketball.

Right now, UConn and Louisville are giving the BE the semblance of a good basketball league, but if one of those teams goes, it will be sad.

The ACC meanwhile is one blue chip away from owning all of college basketball.
So, I thought this was all about football and the mutizillion revenues derived from it. And you bring up BB? Wrong answer. So after 17 pages of blather it comes down to trying to continue to give ESPN control of MCBB for the next 10-20 or or so years by bringing in UConn to seal the deal for some shaky ACC that might possibly reunite the Huskies with the beloved Pitt, Orange, and (maybe\maybe not) Hokies? Sounds a little pathetic for the network, the proposed conference, and UConn. Local yokels may love the BC and Duke football matchups, but the rest of the country could give a stifled air expulsion from the backside, or less.

It may be a little tough for those over 30 to come to grips with, but games with Clemson and Wake Forest are kind of a quaint fantasy of what UConn would have loved back in the previous millenium. Going forward, a nationwide reach that pulls the Huskies in with wide-ranging group that is featured in all time US time zones and makes UConn a national team sounds better, especially since the money has to be better than Bristol's tin nickels and knife in the back. Any who are real observers can see that any ACC team with any FB punch is leaving as soon as they can get a decent offer, so why does UConn run to this hodge-podge of old-conference underachievers and recent additions of Big East trembling Trudies. As a film from way back said, "Follow the money," and it ain't ESPN that was being talked about.

But Swofford has a lot more cheek for those who have the pucker.

Reaction Score
We won't kill you, but honor dictates that you fall on your sword.

SMU. Memphis. Temple. Notre Dame.

One of these things is not like the other...

I'd obviously be fine with it, but no. Just no.
It's an easy way to the back-on BCS.

Reaction Score
So, I thought this was all about football and the mutizillion revenues derived from it. And you bring up BB? Wrong answer. So after 17 pages of blather it comes down to trying to continue to give ESPN control of MCBB for the next 10-20 or or so years by bringing in UConn to seal the deal for some shaky ACC that might possibly reunite the Huskies with the beloved Pitt, Orange, and (maybe\maybe not) Hokies? Sounds a little pathetic for the network, the proposed conference, and UConn. Local yokels may love the BC and Duke football matchups, but the rest of the country could give a stifled air expulsion from the backside, or less.

It may be a little tough for those over 30 to come to grips with, but games with Clemson and Wake Forest are kind of a quaint fantasy of what UConn would have loved back in the previous millenium. Going forward, a nationwide reach that pulls the Huskies in with wide-ranging group that is featured in all time US time zones and makes UConn a national team sounds better, especially since the money has to be better than Bristol's tin nickels and knife in the back. Any who are real observers can see that any ACC team with any FB punch is leaving as soon as they can get a decent offer, so why does UConn run to this hodge-podge of old-conference underachievers and recent additions of Big East trembling Trudies. As a film from way back said, "Follow the money," and it ain't ESPN that was being talked about.

But Swofford has a lot more cheek for those who have the pucker.

Impressive. Most impressive.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Appreciated.

One of the problems of moving off the scout network (as we did) is the lack of visiting fans whether they're trolls, bots, or otherwise.

As much as I joke message boardery is serious business, it's simply a nice diversion from work.

Enjoy gameday, thrilled college football is back.
I understand the migration to Scout and then the outsider site, but what happened to the Rivals board? Did all the Merrymen hide behind the paywall, leaving a couple of douches to struggle in an eternal steel-cage match on the free board?

Reaction Score

If ND were forced to join a conference I think it would be the Big East.

ND is a national brand, the Big East is the only coast to coast conference. Also ND would MUCH rather be in a conference where they are the dominant player vs joining a conference where they have equals. They want to be in a conference that they can reasonably win 2 out of 4 years. No other conference offers them that.

People wonder why ND hasn't been forced to join a conference, IMO the other conferences already know ND would join the Big East so they backed off from that idea. Do you think Texas wants Houston and SMU to be in a conference with ND? Not a chance.

ND and BYU to the Big East makes the Big East the most watched conference in the country, not the best, just the most watched. Don't laugh, there are plenty of loyal Mormans and Catholics in the country, and look at the big cities in the Big East.

The idea that ND would not be in a conference with Temple is shortsighted. Philly is a huge market, and ND already has UMASS on their schedule. They are not above putting a weakling on their schedule.

ND to the Big East instantly elevates the other schools in the conference. It would be a very solid football conference, on par or better than the ACC and PAC 12 and biting the heels of the Big 12.

Reaction Score
If ND were forced to join a conference I think it would be the Big East.

ND is a national brand, the Big East is the only coast to coast conference. Also ND would much rather be in a conference where they are the dominant player vs joining a conference where they have equals. They want to be in a conference that they can reasonably win 2 out of 4 years. No other conference offers them that.

People wonder why ND hasn't been forced to join a conference, IMO the other conferences already know ND would join the Big East so they backed off from that idea. Do you think Texas wants Houston and SMU to be in a conference with ND? Not a chance.

ND and BYU to the Big East makes the Big East the most watched conference in the country, not the best, just the most watched.

The idea that ND would not be in a conference with Temple is shortsighted. Philly is a huge market, and ND already has UMASS on their schedule.

ND to the Big East instantly elevates the other schools in the conference. It would be a very solid conference, on par or better than the ACC and PAC 12 and biting the heels of the Big 12.

Interesting and optimistic take. The one thing that I feel is a wild card in that possibility is if NBC somehow concocts a way to induce Notre Dame into the conference. ND would probably get a better deal than the rest of us and would also face little penalty if they decided to leave. Basically, "join the Big East risk free for 4 years". After that, everyone reassesses the relationship. No way will ND join as an equal partner IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom