UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Geno told a story I hadn't heard. He said Warde Manual told him that when he met his UM coaches for the first time he said, "I just left a school that won 17 titles in 20 years. You haven't won any." (I'm not completely positive about the numbers in bold. Perhaps another attendee can corroborate). He also made a good point that I think many overlook. He said when players come to your program, they come for the coaches not the school.

Reaction Score
Geno told a story I hadn't heard. He said Warde Manual told him that when he met his UM coaches for the first time he said, "I just left a school that won 17 titles in 20 years. You haven't won any." (I'm not completely positive about the numbers in bold. Perhaps another attendee can corroborate). He also made a good point that I think many overlook. He said when players come to your program, they come for the coaches not the school.
At Kinsmen, the quote went something like "I just left a university with a ~$70m budget for athletics, and they had X national championships in the last 10-20 years. Here at Michigan your budget is ~$170m and you've had none"

Reaction Score

What happened to the purported 3rd leg of the tour at Hard Rock Cafe in N.Y.C. that was scheduled for last evening?
Did it get cancelled?
IS Maggie Vanoni incorrect?
Or is my imagination running amok?

Reaction Score
What happened to the purported 3rd leg of the tour at Hard Rock Cafe in N.Y.C. that was scheduled for last evening?

Did it get cancelled?
It was cancelled…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom