UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show | The Boneyard

UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show

Reaction Score

-> The UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show is back! The Road Show, presented by Lewis Real Estate and co-hosted by UConn Athletics and the UConn Foundation, will run from May 16-18, and includes visits to Southington, Stratford and New York City. <-

-> Each event will feature head women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma, head men's basketball coach Dan Hurley, and head football coach Jim Mora. Additional head coaches will be attending each event as well. <-

Reaction Score
Coaches Auriemma, Hurley, & Mora to appear at 3 locations:
May 16th at Kinsman Brewery in Southington (6-8 p.m.)
May 17th at Two Roads Brewing(6-8 p.m.)
May 18th at the Hard Rock Cafe in N.Y.C. (6-8 p.m.)

Cost is $ 25.00 per person-public is invited but space is limited
appetizers will be served & it's a cash bar
registration required at uconnhuskies.com

.I got 6 tickets yesterday

This is a UConn Foundation event

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cost is $ 25.00 per person-public is invited but space is limited
appetizers will be served & it's a cash bar
registration required at uconnhuskies.com
In case anyone is on the fence, it's not just appetizers, it's "heavy hors d'oeuvres."

Reaction Score
Boston has never been a friendly place for UConn. If they care about any college sports, it's BC, who has not exactly been our friend either.

Reaction Score
Boston has never been a friendly place for UConn. If they care about any college sports, it's BC, who has not exactly been our friend either.
They care about college hockey and pro sports. Lots of UConn fans in Boston though, I headed straight there after graduation, as did 100’s of other CT kids.

Reaction Score

-> Mora, too, has been secure and comfortable enough to pick the brains around him and learn by observing the coaching principles applied to sports quite different from his. On Monday night, he joined Auriemma, Hurley, baseball coach Jim Penders and softball coach Laura Valentino at the first of two UConn Coaches Road Shows, this one at the Kinsman Brewing Company with about 250 fans. They meet again Tuesday at Two Roads Brewing Company in Stratford.

“They understand the climate,” Mora said. “They understand the culture, recruiting, some of the things that are attractive about our institution over others. I like to watch them at games. I like to watch them all. There is nothing more fascinating to me than trying to read Geno’s lips when he’s talking to girls. I watch Danny, he’s intense; he’s passionate; he’s emotional. But I never once seen him negative toward one of his players during a game. Coach Penders, I watch him in the dugout, his demeanor, calm, directing things, never out of control. I think that’s really contagious with his players.”

Penders, like Valentino, is fresh off winning a Big East regular season title, gave Mora a “hook C” cap to wear at the spring scrimmage a few weeks ago. Monday, they traded texts about a possible transfer who wants to play baseball and try kicking for the football team. “He got right back to me,” Penders said. “He’s been great, so supportive.” <-

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I caught a few moments with Coach Mora tonight. I told him the story of how happy we were when Calhoun came to UConn and pronounced the job "doable". I said "you didn't say those words, but by you taking the job, you announced to the public that the job is doable." He immediately came back and said "Of course it's doable!" Like I was crazy to suggest otherwise. All could say was "well you know, it I know it...!" I am more optimistic than ever.

Reaction Score

-> Southington — Geno Auriemma, who has one more women's basketball national championship ring than fingers, put some pressure on one of his fellow UConn coaches on Monday.

"I think he's going to be amazingly good," Auriemma said about Jim Mora. "If he can't get this done here, it's just not doable."

Just what a head coach taking over a losing football program wants to hear before his first game.

When informed of Auriemma's comments, Mora responded: "No pressure, Geno." <-

Reaction Score
It was a fun evening last night, well worth the $ 25.00 per person ticket. Our group sat at the last available table in the banquet hall, farthest from the stage. Turned out to be the BEST seats as the Coaches posed for pictures with fans while they were chatting with them. Very impressed with Coach Mora's outlook for the future. Enjoyed a few moments talking with Dan Hurley about the upcoming season.
Geno was being Geno & had some great one-liners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom