UConn hires new RB coach - Antonio Wilcox | The Boneyard

UConn hires new RB coach - Antonio Wilcox

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Recruiting coordinator title stands out even more than running backs coach. A very young relatable coach ready to help get some good athletes from the south east part of the country.

Recruiting coordinator with all sorts of history and contacts in Georgia and South Carolina. And, as a Furman coach he wasn't walking in to 5-star recruits' living rooms. He had to look for talent in those areas.

Reaction Score
Great hire, how does this work with bowl week, does Wilcox coach this team or does Charlton just take over as the rb coach for this week is Wilcox more of a consultant till after the bowl game?

Reaction Score
And, Furman has a 5'11" 231 lbs RJr (this year) RB who ran for 1120 yards and 11 TDs last year and over 2000 yards and 21 TDs in his career.
I read on here that trying to bring a kid from your old school would be unethical and burn bridges or something like that.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Seems to me this hire is consistent with a man with a plan. You bring talented young guys in, coach them up and send them out in the world. Players and coaches.
Not just this, you also bring in talented young coaches who can relate easily with current players. Watch any of the clips from spring and fall camp and you see the coaches getting right in there with the players and connecting on a level that is harder for a staff of 50+ year old coaches

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I read on here that trying to bring a kid from your old school would be unethical and burn bridges or something like that.
Situational ethics are the best ethics!

Reaction Score
Now it's official...

-> "Antonio is an outstanding coach who has a tremendous track record of developing student-athletes into excellent college players," Mora said. "He is a tireless recruiter who understands firsthand the challenges that student-athletes face, and I know our young men will benefit greatly from his mentorship." <-

->"I am incredibly excited to Join the UConn family," said Wilcox. I would like to thank Coach Mora for the opportunity to be a part of his staff. I also would like to thank Coach Hendrix for giving me a chance to serve Furman University. I'm looking forward to getting started and building relationships within the Storrs Community. <-

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I love the intense look on his face in that picture.

Our RBs will soon realize there's no screwing around during practices.

Reaction Score
I really love what Mora has done with assistant coaches. He is bringing in young ambitious coaches who want to advance their careers and the coaches seem to want to work with Mora due to his background, experience, and personality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom