UConn Headed To Big 12?? That's The Unofficial Report | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Headed To Big 12?? That's The Unofficial Report

Reaction Score
Can you imagine how silly the Big 12 will look if they pass abd then this winter Hurley is unleashing his rage on basketball and the nation is in love with Paige?
I honestly can't believe it has happened yet but it has to happen now. We have the best men's basketball program in the country, the best coach in the country, and a legit shot to three-peat. UConn women haven't won in a while but they're still the premier brand in women's basketball, go to final fours every year, best women's coach ever, and a legit shot to win it all this season. Yormark gets it, he shouldn't have this much trouble convincing everyone else it's a no brainer.

Reaction Score
I honestly can't believe it has happened yet but it has to happen now. We have the best men's basketball program in the country, the best coach in the country, and a legit shot to three-peat. UConn women haven't won in a while but they're still the premier brand in women's basketball, go to final fours every year, best women's coach ever, and a legit shot to win it all this season. Yormark gets it, he shouldn't have this much trouble convincing everyone else it's a no brainer.
Agree. But last time I was proposing an interim period for football like they are talking about now. It's such a no brainer that they could have not thought of it before? Well, in the event, the Pac fell apart and all hell broke loose. But now in the fullness of time, it has come up again. I hope it doesn't kill the football season once again. We have been through enough.

Reaction Score
they would like to attract Syracuse, pause, Pitt, pause, Duke and other schools that are basketball focused... sayyyyy UNC? Virginia?
When I watch videos on YouTube with the experts on realignment discussing the issue, I think they don't get this possibility. UConn going to the B12 may later attract some of the ACC basketball powerhouses, or former powerhouses. There may be only limited spots in the SEC or B10 for these current ACC members. UConn and these ACC teams could form an East Coast basketball powerhouse part of the B12 conference. Even if UConn went to the ACC, and these teams stayed in the ACC conference, the same thing could happen.

Reaction Score
When I watch videos on YouTube with the experts on realignment discussing the issue, I think they don't get this possibility. UConn going to the B12 may later attract some of the ACC basketball powerhouses, or former powerhouses. There may be only limited spots in the SEC or B10 for these current ACC members. UConn and these ACC teams could form an East Coast basketball powerhouse part of the B12 conference. Even if UConn went to the ACC, and these teams stayed in the ACC conference, the same thing could happen.

The ACC teams will be drawn to the B12 for one reason. A lifeboat.

Reaction Score
Isn't it strange how ESPN Is paying more to push UConn to the B12 instead of a conference they wholly own the rights to? It seems like even they are done with ACC
I don’t think ESPN is offering much if any additional money to the B12 to add UConn, thus the reason no football offer.

Reaction Score
We keep hearing about how the ACC is going to implode, yet nothing has happened. FSU’s lawsuit is going nowhere and the B1G and SEC have no interest in FSU or Clemson. The Big12 is a demotion for the top ACC schools. At the end of CR either the ACC stays in tact and adds the top B12 programs to the ACC and the ACCN or we end up with just the B1G and the SEC with 24-28 teams each. We are probably 5 years away from the final CR. I think Cuse and BC will make a 24-28 team B1G due to their TV markets, academics and history.

The big problem for UConn and 70% of all college teams is increasing the scholarships from 85 to 105 or paid roster size. This is the opposite of what is needed to bring parity to college football. We need 75 man rosters. Spread the talent around. This is a reason why FSU & Clemson will have a very tough time getting a 75% approval vote to get into the B1G or the SEC. 50-67% of the teams in those conferences have no real shot of making a 12 team playoff and forget about winning a national championship. They don’t want to get knocked down another peg in their own conference and add another annual loss to their schedules

Reaction Score
We keep hearing about how the ACC is going to implode, yet nothing has happened. FSU’s lawsuit is going nowhere and the B1G and SEC have no interest in FSU or Clemson. The Big12 is a demotion for the top ACC schools. At the end of CR either the ACC stays in tact and adds the top B12 programs to the ACC and the ACCN or we end up with just the B1G and the SEC with 24-28 teams each. We are probably 5 years away from the final CR. I think Cuse and BC will make a 24-28 team B1G due to their TV markets, academics and history.

The big problem for UConn and 70% of all college teams is increasing the scholarships from 85 to 105 or paid roster size. This is the opposite of what is needed to bring parity to college football. We need 75 man rosters. Spread the talent around. This is a reason why FSU & Clemson will have a very tough time getting a 75% approval vote to get into the B1G or the SEC. 50-67% of the teams in those conferences have no real shot of making a 12 team playoff and forget about winning a national championship. They don’t want to get knocked down another peg in their own conference and add another annual loss to their schedules
Your posts are hilarious.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I agree. If talent starts to really consolidate on a small number of exceptionally well funded programs, fan interest in college football will fall off a cliff.

Reaction Score

Game Over No GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
Is this right… the big 12 wants us to join except for our football program..if we do everything they ask they might invite our football program in 2031…we do not know how much more money we will make as opposed to the big east money… and this sounds good?

Reaction Score
Is this right… the big 12 wants us to join except for our football program..if we do everything they ask they might invite our football program in 2031…we do not know how much more money we will make as opposed to the big east money… and this sounds good?
I'm sure we have been told how much money we will get to switch for Basketball otherwise we wouldn't even be considering it.

Reaction Score
I don’t think ESPN is offering much if any additional money to the B12 to add UConn, thus the reason no football offer.
They are offering enough for us to bring basketball there. Do you think we would be going there for free? Remember they already said that the other teams will remain revenue neutral during this current contract so 10-15 million for basketball/year is what is being mentioned.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe a far more accurate explanation is that as there a) is no pro-rata addition available (this was enormous a year ago) and b) even if there was, as we are not currently in a P level conference for football, adding football now would be basically a reduction in overall compensation for current B-12 members.

The target date if 2031 coincides with the media contract renewal so, as long as we can be presented as a P level football program at that point, the B-12 can market the entirety of the conference, including our football program in contract negotiations.

Reaction Score

Not fully right. The Big12 wants us to join only after we fully abolish football so they can have their cake and eat it too. Which in due time they will... and know it.

Reaction Score
Is this right… the big 12 wants us to join except for our football program..if we do everything they ask they might invite our football program in 2031…we do not know how much more money we will make as opposed to the big east money…
No, that's not close to being right.

Reaction Score
Luna...tic,

Dave Benedict knows his stuff. Your comments are kindergarten level. Read the history of Benedicts tenure at UConn. Fiscally responsible, creative and imaginative with resources he has to work with, 2 major hiring coups, Hurley and Mora. Not a warm and cuddly guy, but knows his numbers and knows the landscape. Ohh, did I mention multiple National Championships under his guidance. Call Chris Murphy, he knows about as much as you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom