UConn has to fix the playing floor immediately | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn has to fix the playing floor immediately

Reaction Score
Girls are playing tomorrow. Every female has two ticking time bombs known as ACLs. They better figure it out by tomorrow. Heat the damn floor if necessary!

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
I think UConn just needs to learn how to play on it. Home-court advantage!
1984 Lakers at Boston Garden to play Bird's Celtics (well they were still kind of Cedric Maxwell's Celtics too). NBA Finals Game 7 - turned the air conditioning off. 95 degrees on the court. Home court advantage. I think you're on to something :)

C

Chief00

Gampel was actually cool - some coverup of incompetence is going on. Something was set wrong or the floor was waxed or something.
Of course warm temperature can hold more water than cold - so wouldn’t have condensation on floor if that’s true - Jacobs got a snow job.
What may have happened is someone jacked up the AC without dehumidifying and the dew point reached the temperature.

Reaction Score
Gampel was actually cool - some coverup of incompetence is going on. Something was set wrong or the floor was waxed or something.
Of course warm temperature can hold more water than cold - so wouldn’t have condensation on floor if that’s true - Jacobs got a snow job.
What may have happened is someone jacked up the AC without dehumidifying and the dew point reached the temperature.
Yeah I don't buy the humidity making the floor wet story. It was comfortable (atmosphere wise) inside Gampel last night. If it was bad enough to make the floor wet we would have noticed. I'm thinking it was a floor treatment problem.

Reaction Score
Was at open practice and they had trouble with the shot clock. Hurley uses this a lot in his drills especially defense when they are trying to run out the clock.. Hope they have fixed this also. Let's not make it harder on the coach and team . Let's go Gampel Maintanence.

Reaction Score
Eh the heck with the floors - I'm just hoping they turn the lights back on inside. The Black hole/smokey arena look just sucks the energy out of the TV broadcasts for some reason.

Reaction Score
Whatever the problem is, they need to fix it immediately or someone needs to get fired. The most likely reason is similar to the ice rink issue mentioned above. If they had cranked the A/C for an extended period before the game, the humidity from the weather system plus all the people in there could have caused condensation. Also, if their HVAC system is not properly designed, it could have an issue with maintaining both low humidity and a reasonable temperature. It is either that or the clear coat they used is a bad compound that is too slick. I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to deviate from the standard clear coat.

Ah, we are talking about construction projects in Connecticut. The UConn library, the storm drains on I-84 in Cheshire, the I-84 design from Hartford through Danbury, putting a garage on top of the old New Haven Coliseum, etc. So, yes, they are dumb enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Eh the heck with the floors - I'm just hoping they turn the lights back on inside. The Black hole/smokey arena look just sucks the energy out of the TV broadcasts for some reason.

Not until the seats have fans in them. Lighting up a half empty arena is not a good look. As to the floor someone had the HVAC system set wrong for the humidity to make the floor slippery.

Reaction Score
1984 Lakers at Boston Garden to play Bird's Celtics (well they were still kind of Cedric Maxwell's Celtics too). NBA Finals Game 7 - turned the air conditioning off. 95 degrees on the court. Home court advantage. I think you're on to something :)
Turned it off? There was no A/C in the old Garden!

The weather snippet on the far right corner of the game-day Globe said, "Hazy, humid, low 90s," but that turned out to be an understatement. By mid-afternoon it was a record-setting 96, so everyone knew it was going to be a very interesting evening of basketball because the original Boston Garden did not have that newfangled thing known as air conditioning.

In '84, it was hot stuff - The Boston Globe

Reaction Score

The wet floor conspiracy of 2018.

I'm writing notes for my book.

C

Chief00

Call it what you want to but they better get the issue fixed before someone gets injuried. Adams almost blew his knee out last night.

Reaction Score
Call it what you want to but they better get the issue fixed before someone gets injuried. Adams almost blew his knee out last night.
You seem to know what goes on there Chief. Are they working on it? Because it’s like you say, someone is going to be injured and we don’t need that to happen.

Reaction Score
Not until the seats have fans in them. Lighting up a half empty arena is not a good look. As to the floor someone had the HVAC system set wrong for the humidity to make the floor slippery.

Hopefully that’s the issue and they get it straightened out.

Reaction Score
You seem to know what goes on there Chief. Are they working on it? Because it’s like you say, someone is going to be injured and we don’t need that to happen.
You really think he knows what goes on there? Not sure he knows what goes on in his own head.

C

Chief00

You really think he knows what goes on there? Not sure he knows what goes on in his own head.

I think you are trying too hard, when you do that and fail it’s not a good look.

C

Chief00

I try not to pester them on every operational detail. What bothers me more is the explanation they gave Jacobs. If someone is not covering up their own incompetence, the alternative is that they were clueless. Neither is good.

Reaction Score
..let’s put the mop in the back room, go get it, clean the floor, let’s put it back far away, stand by the powerade jug, let’s go get the mopfrom the back room, clean the floor, let’s put it back far away, stand by the powera....

..i see this all the time in games. People are too good to mop the floor, and be diligent about it. People get hurt, pay for the rest of their lives sometimes because of this. Sorry. U wanna help, root for ur team, get four mops, two for each end. Constantly clean the floor when you can while the guys are on the other end, or, when gameplay is stopped. With ENERGY. Guys are pouring sweat out there. Regardless of the conditions in the gym. It should be done. EVERY GAME, CONSTANTLY..or..let’s see....let’s pay for surgery and rehab instead. We won’t see them hobbled later in life from our house. ...Sorry, just saying. ...somebody help! i’m already too old and hobbled my self. Please hear me. ...

Reaction Score
This actually makes sense. Someone needs to have a talking to.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
..let’s put the mop in the back room, go get it, clean the floor, let’s put it back far away, stand by the powerade jug, let’s go get the mopfrom the back room, clean the floor, let’s put it back far away, stand by the powera....

..i see this all the time in games. People are too good to mop the floor, and be diligent about it. People get hurt, pay for the rest of their lives sometimes because of this. Sorry. U wanna help, root for ur team, get four mops, two for each end. Constantly clean the floor when you can while the guys are on the other end, or, when gameplay is stopped. With ENERGY. Guys are pouring sweat out there. Regardless of the conditions in the gym. It should be done. EVERY GAME, CONSTANTLY..or..let’s see....let’s pay for surgery and rehab instead. We won’t see them hobbled later in life from our house. ...Sorry, just saying. ...somebody help! i’m already too old and hobbled my self. Please hear me. ...

this is art.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom