UConn has to fix the playing floor immediately | The Boneyard

UConn has to fix the playing floor immediately

Reaction Score
The court was a disgrace and will get someone injured unless the slipping problem is addressed. It reminds me of of a floor over an ice rink when the moisture bleeds though all night. But there is no ice rink. Why the floor was constantly wet and players are sliding all over the place is a mystery. They better figure it out before knees and ankles start coming apart.

My heart stopped when AG went down in the corner. That was a huge bullet dodged. Fix the problem.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
agreed- j. adams took a hard spill in the second half as well.... maybe fixing the holes in gampels’ roof kept moisture in?!

Reaction Score
The court was a disgrace and will get someone injured unless the slipping problem is addressed. It reminds me of of a floor over an ice rink when the moisture bleeds though all night. But there is no ice rink. Why the floor was constantly wet and players are sliding all over the place is a mystery. They better figure it out before knees and ankles start coming apart.

My heart stopped when AG went down in the corner. That was a huge bullet dodged. Fix the problem.

Could be the decals that were wrapped OR the floor crew weren't cleaning the court as thoroughly as needed. I'm with you, was almost hoping they called the game at 1 point. Jalen went down hard.

Reaction Score
Whatever the problem is, they need to fix it immediately or someone needs to get fired. The most likely reason is similar to the ice rink issue mentioned above. If they had cranked the A/C for an extended period before the game, the humidity from the weather system plus all the people in there could have caused condensation. Also, if their HVAC system is not properly designed, it could have an issue with maintaining both low humidity and a reasonable temperature. It is either that or the clear coat they used is a bad compound that is too slick. I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to deviate from the standard clear coat.

Reaction Score
Didn't they just open the roof 2 days ago? All those fire alarm tweets were said to be because of debris from opening it. It'll be fine

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Didn't they just open the roof 2 days ago? All those fire alarm tweets were said to be because of debris from opening it.

Well there's your problem....

1541256462101.png

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They would do a quick wipe with a regular towel and that was it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Reminded me of the Boston Garden in the Bird days.

Reaction Score
Uh-oh....someone forgot to do their job, or got laid off for more important things, or some real smart people are exercising cost cutting measures.
Perhaps practice game meant practice new court preparation procedures....which sounds like it failed miserably.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
They should probably fix the PA system too while they're at it.
The PA system isn't liable to injure someone. The floor is. Forget about the PA system until whatever issue if making the floor slick is fixed.

Reaction Score
Didn’t it also seem like it was mainly in one part of the floor where the majority of the slips were happening?

Reaction Score
2 spots
Okay, I wasn’t sure. A ton were in front of the Southern bench. Where JA went down HARD.
But it seems weird just in two places even unless it’s bc that’s just where so much play happens.

Reaction Score
Okay, I wasn’t sure. A ton were in front of the Southern bench. Where JA went down HARD.
But it seems weird just in two places even unless it’s bc that’s just where so much play happens.

The lane in front of the Huskies bench also had problems. It was all over.

Reaction Score
The lane in front of the Huskies bench also had problems. It was all over.
That’s why I wasn’t sure. It’s harder to watch on streaming, even switching to full-screen... it’s smaller and middle age, you know, sometimes you don’t see things close up as well. Kind of frustrating. It’s better than just audio (baseball is the only sport that really works well with audio only). But I knew I missed stuff and wasn’t sure if it was remembering it quite right. That one spot really stuck in my mind, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom