UConn has dodged quite a few last second 3-pointers recently | The Boneyard

UConn has dodged quite a few last second 3-pointers recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
That Indiana 3-pt buzzer beater got me to thinking about all the last second 3-pointers UConn has DODGED over the last year and a half. Off the top of my head the list includes:

-Michigan St in Maui
-Villanova at Gampel (granted it was more of a 30 foot heave, but it was close if I recall correctly)
-at Texas
-Louisville in the BET final
-Arizona in the E8
-Kentucky in the FF
-Florida St at Atlantis

I might be missing some games on that list. Anywho, it appears our young pups are quite the cardiac kids the last couple of years. Let's hope the luck (good D?) continues.

Reaction Score
and on all of those 3's..my hands were on my head and i was basically screaming no. so glad none of them went in!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Crazy to think that if any one of them had dropped last year, we probably get a different seed or go to a different bracket and our run doesn't come together. Same could even be said of any buzzer beaters we may have missed.

Reaction Score
To be fair to our defense though, the only kid that really had a good look was Fogg for Arizona. He literally could not have been more wide open. Probably a shot a good shooter hits 8/10, but thankfully that was not one of the eight.

The MSU 3 was a half court heave, so I wouldn't really put that one in there. Shabazz defended the Texas three very well, as was the FSU 3 by Lamb.

Reaction Score
Yup the only good look was the Fogg for Arizona and when I watch video if it I still think it's going in.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
True, but they missed a 3 down 2 before Bazz hit the two free throws to wrap it up.
Yeah, my original post was referring to that 3-pointer UK missed before the Bazz FTs.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing after I was finished yelling when the kid Wofford beat UK.... when was the last time UConn lost in a buzzer beater? (excluding the refs calling that ridiculous foul on Edwards against UC in 2010)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The last year and a half balanced out all the last second threes of the previous year and a half.

Reaction Score
Syracuse forced OT with a late one in the BET last year, which was set up by a banked-in three on their previous possession. But we won, so it's been discarded in the dustbIn. If one of those threes had to go in, that was a good choice.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing after I was finished yelling when the kid Wofford beat UK.... when was the last time UConn lost in a buzzer beater? (excluding the refs calling that ridiculous foul on Edwards against UC in 2010)

Wondering the same thing. Even the Cincinnati 2009 play doesn't count because there was still a small amount of time on the clock. Not sure when the last true GW buzzer beater against us was.

Reaction Score
What about San Diego in the 2008 tourney. I don't think it was a true buzzer beater. In fact, I blocked it out of my head so I can't really remember the details.

Before that, Julius Hodge in 2005 was a buzzer beater of sorts.

Reaction Score
There was simply no need to tempt fate with this thread. I had noticed all of last year that luck was on UConn's side in the final minute of games. Hopefully it continues.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago. the other team was on fire from three at the end of the half.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There was simply no need to tempt fate with this thread. I had noticed all of last year that luck was on UConn's side in the final minute of games. Hopefully it continues.
Last season was the reverse of the season before by almost 180 degrees. Amazing how much luck goes into wins and losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom