UConn has a huge amount of playing time available at the PF/C positions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn has a huge amount of playing time available at the PF/C positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tell me, how do 3 players share one scholarship?? Ohh! You mean its going to take 3 scholly's to make up for the value in one scholly that Purvis fills...in other words you really are going to miss Purvis. Quit kidding yourself :rolleyes: ;).

After that statement it was easy to tell you weren't being honest. Seriously though, I don't see the point of you coming on this board, to essentially say in a subtle way, "Meh Purvis is a stinky doo doo head , and we are going to get Abu"

Seems a bit odd natured to me. Polite grammar doesn't negate disrespect or ill intention.

Lewis and Barber will play the point guard position(which Purvis wanted to do but was not yet ready) , Trevor Lacey slots into the scholly that Purvis vacated. I never said anything bad about Rodney, His enthusiasm and energy were great. Just stating that our team is in good shape moving forward without him. Didnt know i needed to have a valid point to be made with you on what I wanted to discuss, but as for my reasons, well We are going to get Abu, no kidding. I thought these boards were to be entertaining, so If I am wrong, you get to laugh and be entertained, If I am right, We get a great player. Regardless of the outcome, all this stuff is just internet chatting and a way to keep fans informed. Have a great day .

caw

Reaction Score
True, but it is very difficult to win championships with great recruits. Trust me, I watched our staff consistently pull in sub par classes for years and we were average to good in the ACC. Then I see Sidney Lowe pull in some good players, but he didnt know how to coach the college game, so we suffered some more. Anyone near our program will tell you that things have changed. You guys still have to find out if your new coach can keep you at the level you have been at. He is still an unproven commodity, but I think he will be OK. Tough to replace a legend.

Wrong fanbase to tell that you need a top recruiting class to win. I don't think UConn has ever had the number one recruiting class and has had eight total McD All-Americans. Gottfried had almost half of that on last years team.

Ollie has thus far exceeded expectations for most and met expectations for every unreasonable person out there

caw

Reaction Score
Lewis and Barber will play the point guard position(which Purvis wanted to do but was not yet ready) , Trevor Lacey slots into the scholly that Purvis vacated. I never said anything bad about Rodney, His enthusiasm and energy were great. Just stating that our team is in good shape moving forward without him. Didnt know i needed to have a valid point to be made with you on what I wanted to discuss, but as for my reasons, well We are going to get Abu, no kidding. I thought these boards were to be entertaining, so If I am wrong, you get to laugh and be entertained, If I am right, We get a great player. Regardless of the outcome, all this stuff is just internet chatting and a way to keep fans informed. Have a great day .

Lol at pretending you know you are getting Abu. NCSt has as good a shot as PC or UCONN though.

PS Cat is up there with MCW of Cuse. Lol

caw

Reaction Score

Purvis was never a good fit for a Gottfried style team. I have no idea why Gottfried went after him so hard or why Purvis went there, aside from the fact he's from the area. Purvis has a great skill set that would never be fully utilized under Gottfried.

Purvis is almost a perfect example of why rankings don't matter, sometimes fit is more important.

pj

Reaction Score
I have a lot of faith they will improve. I just don't think there are enough of them. 3 for 2 positions? Uconn isn't shy with fouling people down low.

Yes, you need 5 bodies inside. We'll have them. If Tolksdorf can play the 4, which is his best chance at minutes, then we only need one of Abu/White/Robinson/Chukwu to go with Nolan/Brimah/Facey. Hopefully Facey is approved by the NCAA and Abu or White comes.

Reaction Score
Yes, you need 5 bodies inside. We'll have them. If Tolksdorf can play the 4, which is his best chance at minutes, then we only need one of Abu/White/Robinson/Chukwu to go with Nolan/Brimah/Facey. Hopefully Facey is approved by the NCAA and Abu or White comes.

I thought Facey was all set? smh....

Reaction Score
Facey may have to sit this season or he may lose a year on the backend. But unless he flat out leaves Uconn, he's going to be able to play in 2014-2015.
The NCAA has gone over and above their usual BS in this case. Since when does a Jamaican kid qualify for college at 15 or 16? Only when they go to UConn AFTER finishing high school in this country? Maybe the whole world should model their schools on Jamaica, as they are obviously far and above the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom