UConn has a huge amount of playing time available at the PF/C positions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn has a huge amount of playing time available at the PF/C positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we miss out on AMA, that leaves Larrier/Robinson/White to fill that position.im skeptical Robinson or larrier could play with big body's, both seem more like wings. If we were to sign two of the above mentioned trio, that would give us plenty of size.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I said some UConn fans, not all, guess we know who one of them is

And for the record, lot of garbage talked on this board about NCSU. I dont know all you guys and have had some intelligent conversations with a few UConn fans in the past. We can be civil or not, either way not a big deal. Seems like a lot of your fans are concerned with Providence though. I was pulling for you guys to get that ACC offer in the past, but if you are happy with the AAC, great for you.

I would have loved to post on this site in the past, just didnt know it existed until I found the link at the Providence site.

Note: And we will see where Abu lands and then maybe talk again ;)
I agree that NC State will land Abu. Then after one season he will realize the major mistake he's made and transfer to UCONN. Sound familiar??

Reaction Score
But don't you think it's funny that you scoffed at the idea of SMU basketball one day, and the next day they are adding Mudiay to their good C Moreia, Keith Frazier and Moore? That's a pretty good 4 right there. The AAC is not nearly as bad as fans are saying. It's going to be much better than the Catholics, lot more talent.

Larry Brown made a great move to get Mudiay. I am glad he didnt end up at UK. And again, for the record, I never posted anything negative about UConn until reading a few choice post concerning NC State by some of your fans. How is saying the AAC is not on par with the ACC or Big East in MY opinion a bad statement about UConn. Wouldnt you guys have accepted an ACC invite if it had been made?

Some of your fans are arrogant, I guess winning championships can do that to a fan base. It certainly has done that with UNC fans.

I am familiar with the whole Purvis transfer issues, and do know some of what went on behind the scenes, but I will not talk bad about the young man. If he feels UConn is the place for him, I hope he is happy. I dont think he is a natural PG though. We are happy with Tyler Lewis, Cat Barber and Trevor Lacey stepping into the scholarship that Purvis left on the table. If you want to compare conference recruiting, I think the ACC wins every time, If you want to compare recent history, UConn wins over NCSU. And transfers would seem to be one of the last things that UConn fans would try to hold over other schools. Kids leave, thats the way it is. We lost some, We gained some. Just like you guys. I wont trash you on your board, but I am definitely not scared to debate BBall recruiting with you guys.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Larry Brown made a great move to get Mudiay. I am glad he didnt end up at UK. And again, for the record, I never posted anything negative about UConn until reading a few choice post concerning NC State by some of your fans. How is saying the AAC is not on par with the ACC or Big East in MY opinion a bad statement about UConn. Wouldnt you guys have accepted an ACC invite if it had been made?

Some of your fans are arrogant, I guess winning championships can do that to a fan base. It certainly has done that with UNC fans.

I am familiar with the whole Purvis transfer issues, and do know some of what went on behind the scenes, but I will not talk bad about the young man. If he feels UConn is the place for him, I hope he is happy. I dont think he is a natural PG though. We are happy with Tyler Lewis, Cat Barber and Trevor Lacey stepping into the scholarship that Purvis left on the table. If you want to compare conference recruiting, I think the ACC wins every time, If you want to compare recent history, UConn wins over NCSU. And transfers would seem to be one of the last things that UConn fans would try to hold over other schools. Kids leave, thats the way it is. We lost some, We gained some. Just like you guys. I wont trash you on your board, but I am definitely not scared to debate BBall recruiting with you guys.
I think debating UNC and Duke about recruiting might be a better use of your time and may help you to understand why your program is perennially 3rd best (and sometimes 4th best) in your own state.

Reaction Score
I think debating UNC and Duke about recruiting might be a better use of your time and may help you to understand why your program is perennially 3rd best (and sometimes 4th best) in your own state.

We beat Duke, UNC and UConn last year. Coach Gottfried is turning things around and as far as comparing recruiting classes, I think we beat you guys out the last two seasons in the rankings. Those are the first full recruiting cycles for coach Gottfried and staff

Reaction Score

Seriously, you're jumping in with both feet to this PC-UConn discussion with no awareness of the history and the context. Arrogant? We're kind to them. As for Gottfried, what we remember about him is how he cried about Calhoun in the Miles saga ruining other people's careers, all because he got trucked in the 2004 final 8. Gottfried deserves all the derision a Uconn fan can heap on him for his false stories about cheating.

By the way, you're very wrong about the new BE. Go back and look at the record. The football schools carried the conference in basketball (mainly UConn). The Catholic schools did nothing after the 1980s. Even G'town went more than 20 years between Final 8s. The AAC schools like Temple, Cincy and Memphis present a better slate of competition, and before people knock Tulsa, they've been better than DePaul as well. SMU coming up is a big help to the conference.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We beat Duke, UNC and UConn last year. Coach Gottfried is turning things around and as far as comparing recruiting classes, I think we beat you guys out the last two seasons in the rankings. Those are the first full recruiting cycles for coach Gottfried and staff

Recruiting rankings don't win championships.

Reaction Score
Your last years team was a huge diapointment.
You had as much or more talent than everyone we played.
Remember we played the NC, another FF team, and a couple of other pretty good teams. You had as much talent as anyone.
Why did that team unachieve?

Reaction Score

True, but it is very difficult to win championships with great recruits. Trust me, I watched our staff consistently pull in sub par classes for years and we were average to good in the ACC. Then I see Sidney Lowe pull in some good players, but he didnt know how to coach the college game, so we suffered some more. Anyone near our program will tell you that things have changed. You guys still have to find out if your new coach can keep you at the level you have been at. He is still an unproven commodity, but I think he will be OK. Tough to replace a legend.

Reaction Score
Remember we played the NC, another FF team, and a couple of other pretty good teams. You had as much talent as anyone.

No depth and some big headed players who didnt always give 100 percent.

We lost 3 players to transfers before the season and 1 guy went back to Europe early in the year. Ended up only 7 deep with 3 of them being freshmen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

why are you quoting CT?

Reaction Score
wait, why are we dogging the NCST fan again?

Just razzing him for the constant invective over at the PC board. It's Ok.

In fairness to him, he's not aware of the crazy vile stuff we have to read from PC fans like Sean on this board. So he doesn't quite understand the attitude toward PC, nor PC fan bragging about how PC once went .500 against UConn in a 7.25 year stretch between 2003 and 2011!

Also, his coach Gottfried once attacked Calhoun on ESPN in a particularly galling display, even defended Gary Williams. I really really really want Gottfried to fail badly.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just razzing him for the constant invective over at the PC board. It's Ok.

In fairness to him, he's not aware of the crazy vile stuff we have to read from PC fans like Sean on this board. So he doesn't quite understand the attitude toward PC, nor PC fan bragging about how PC once went .500 against UConn in a 7.25 year stretch between 2003 and 2011!

Also, his coach Gottfried once attacked Calhoun on ESPN in a particularly galling display, even defended Gary Williams. I really really really want Gottfried to fail badly.

yea i knew gottfried had something against calhoun.

Reaction Score
yea i knew gottfried had something against calhoun.

The game of his life as a coach to get to the FF, and he and his team got absolutely billy-goated. Emeka went down with an injury and scored 2 points, and we still won by 60 (although Emeka had his imprint on the game with a series of blocks early before his injury, one of which he blocked with his off hand after an up fake - ridiculous defensive play).

Reaction Score

I am familiar with the whole Purvis transfer issues, and do know some of what went on behind the scenes, but I will not talk bad about the young man. If he feels UConn is the place for him, I hope he is happy. I dont think he is a natural PG though. We are happy with Tyler Lewis, Cat Barber and Trevor Lacey stepping into the scholarship that Purvis left on the table.

Tell me, how do 3 players share one scholarship?? Ohh! You mean its going to take 3 scholly's to make up for the value in one scholly that Purvis fills...in other words you really are going to miss Purvis. Quit kidding yourself :rolleyes: ;).

After that statement it was easy to tell you weren't being honest. Seriously though, I don't see the point of you coming on this board, to essentially say in a subtle way, "Meh Purvis is a stinky doo doo head , and we are going to get Abu"

Seems a bit odd natured to me. Polite grammar doesn't negate disrespect or ill intention.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
chev disappeared like Batman after dropping this nugget...
Hope he disappeared because he realized he let something slip he wasn't supposed to and it came from a confidential source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom