UConn giving students free tickets to first round game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn giving students free tickets to first round game

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, South Carolina attendance is boosted by a $5 ticket price.

Maybe in the early stages, but i cant imagine them having 5 dollar tickets these days. Even Wake Forest tickets are 10 bucks.. I paid $13 for a ticket at Elon @HuskyNan

A quick Google search indicates many Universities give students free tickets to both men’s and women’s games.

That may be true, but i know that at least in the UNC system, the schools have really high student fees which help subsidize athletics. They might get free tickets, but u might be paying 500 a semester in athletic fees.

Reaction Score
Back in the day (when UConn tickets at Gampel were scarce and difficult to get), I had first round tickets - it was the first time I ever saw the Huskies in Gampel. I still remember how excited I was, especially because I also had Final Four tickets (Philly) that year. I don’t remember much about the games, but I do remember the atmosphere and how much fun it was.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did the same thing last year and the student response was great, particularly for the 2nd round game, against UCF. We'll always remember this iconic photo:

Taylor Coonan (center with dark jacket and white shirt) and Camryn Walsh (left of Coonan) were part of the student section reacting to Paige Bueckers during UConn’s win over UCF Monday, March 21, 2022. The UConn photo went viral on social media this week.
A class act. Reward your students that have supported you all season. :cool:

Reaction Score
Do you look up facts or just throw out insults without proof? Several games have sold out this season, including South Carolina, where the school has NOT given away tickets.

What is it like to be so cynical? I can’t even imagine

View attachment 85116

Do you look up facts or just throw out insults without proof? Several games have sold out this season, including South Carolina, where the school has NOT given away tickets.

What is it like to be so cynical? I can’t even imagine

View attachment 85116
I'd like to apologize for offending anyone with my heavy-handed comment. My intent was to highlight the contrast between turnstyle attendance and paid attendance. It was not meant to disparage the students or university. Nonetheless, clearly it was misguided.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how the ticket prices are set for the NCAA games. Upper level seats at Gampel for just Saturday's game are available for $22 for an adult (plus fees) and $17 (plus fees) for a child. The prices for both Saturday and Monday are $32 (adult) and $22 (children). I looked at Tennessee ticket prices at TBA for Saturday's game and seats behind the basket (both ends sold out at Gampel) are available for $5. The most expensive ticket -- lower bowl -- costs $20 and there are other seats available for $10. I know the NCAA has always set higher ticket prices at Gampel but I wonder if these schools are making up the difference.
Plus fees? Who do they think they are, an airline?

Reaction Score
Maybe in the early stages, but i cant imagine them having 5 dollar tickets these days. Even Wake Forest tickets are 10 bucks.. I paid $13 for a ticket at Elon @HuskyNan

That may be true, but i know that at least in the UNC system, the schools have really high student fees which help subsidize athletics. They might get free tickets, but u might be paying 500 a semester in athletic fees.
UConn does the same thing. Part of their student fees goes to athletics.

Reaction Score
The students showed up big time for the UCF second round game last year, also on a Monday night. The atmosphere that night was bedlam, as loud as I have ever heard it for a women`s game there. (The Shabazz Napier buzzer beater game against Florida has it beat, but not by much.)

The students helped pull UConn over the finish line against UCF that night.
We were there also. It was sooooo loud! Loudest game I've ever been to!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom