UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+ | The Boneyard

UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Have not seen the spread on this game but ESPN analytics gives UConn a 40% chance of winning.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Have not seen the spread on this game but ESPN analytics gives UConn a 40% chance of winning.
It was originally like 10%, also lines come out Monday prior. If I had to guess it’s gonna be GST +4-6 somewhere in that range

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
It was originally like 10%, also lines come out Monday prior. If I had to guess it’s gonna be GST +4-6 somewhere in that range
Just saw the first lines, Cesar’s GST +4 draftkings +4.5

Reaction Score
That spread has to reflect the fact that we haven't proven ourselves able to win more than the occasional road game for 8 years now. If I were a betting man, I'd take the points.

It's not unreasonable to be skeptical about a team that doesn't score a lot of points. When that starts to change the lines and rhe expectations will start to change. Another week for us to practice and get better. I just hope the OC realizes it's way too early to give up on the passing game. Last week shouldn't result in us becoming one dinensional. It might be time to double down so at least we have a chance to get it right.

Reaction Score
Don't normally put a ton of emphasis on the second game of the season, but this is a critical game for the season and the program. As was pointed out in the earlier post, our road record has been horrendous, which largely explains the line. It's nice to hear about the positive vibes surrounding the program. But if we can't start winning away games against opponents like Georgia state then it's hard to envision the program elevating.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
G State looks like they have a pretty balanced attack including a QB who can run. Our LB corps will really need to step up here.

Reaction Score
We certainly need to execute better—- especially on defense against what appears to be a high scoring offense—but this game is more about mindset. When a team keeps hearing “we suck on the road” it seemingly keeps waiting for that ‘inevitable moment’ where it all goes downhill. We can’t have that mindset.

Reaction Score
UConn is 10-4 ATS including last year and this week.

So that ought to tell you something.
It’s residual when edsall had that guy who ran the worst defense in modern fbs history. That, and the fact they went 1-11 after taking a year off.

Reaction Score
I feel like this is the most important game on our schedule. NCST was pretty much a guaranteed L. GAST almost lost to an FCS team at home. If we can’t beat them we’re in for a long season.

Reaction Score
I feel like this is the most important game on our schedule. NCST was pretty much a guaranteed L. GAST almost lost to an FCS team at home. If we can’t beat them we’re in for a long season.
We will not be in for a long season - keep the faith!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Their QB looks dangerous, but our defense is exponentially better than URIs.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
In fairness major D1s lose to fcs teams all the time so the fact that Gstate almost lost to one should shock no one. Also, I’m in the process of writing up a preview of Gstate and URIs QB is legit, went to MD and he was tabbed as the the guy there till he blew out his ACL to start the season 2 years in a row. He transferred to URI and in 2 years he possess or will posses every major passing record at the school. He’s no slouch and after watching that game I am very confident in saying he’s better than JF.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That spread has to reflect the fact that we haven't proven ourselves able to win more than the occasional road game for 8 years now. If I were a betting man, I'd take the points.
We also haven't shown an ability to score consistently. Georgia St has, albeit against URI. Granted, our defense is a bit more robust than URI's, but still.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom